JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am curious if anyone could share their experience with the JP Silent Captured Spring system.

I have a Colt LE 6920 purpose is for range use/plinking. I find the spring noise/twang very annoying and my goal would be to eliminate that as much as possible.
I understand that milspec weapons use the milspec spring and buffers, but my use for the firearm is to simply enjoy a smooth, non-twangy time at the bench.

Will the JP SCS get rid of the twang?

Thanks

Never heard of this, but quick search turned up the Armaspec Stealth Recoil Spring which seems to do the same thing at half the price of JP. Anyone run the Armaspec?

I have one of the silent capture springs as it was the only way I could get my Maxim Defense PDW brace to cycle reliably. To me, it's not worth the money for the sound change alone, but I'm an uncouth heathen and don't have an issue with my standard ARs. The Maxim brace is shorter than a standard tube, so there are limited options in the buffer and spring world for it. With that all said, it does have a quality feeling to it and has a myriad of adjustment options beyond your standard buffers and springs. It certainly feels like an upgrade, and if it solves an annoyance for you and you can afford it, why not make your shooting time more enjoyable?

But now I'm curious about ordering one of those Strike Industries springs to see if I can tell the difference.

I have a Gen 1 on an AR15 build and a Gen 2 on an AR10 build. Both work as advertised but are expensive for what they are.

The Geissele Super 42 braided wire buffer spring is also advertised as eliminating the twang sound. But, I don't have personal experience with it.

If quieting the spring noise is your only goal posters have listed a few much cheaper options. JP products are top tier competition driven items that will always run a very high premium of pricing. They have an impeccable track record of reliability and squeeze the very most of out function with their designs. That being said I have used their equipment for over 15yrs and have several of their rifles and parts. If you don't need the best of the best look at the other listed alternatives for good solid service and function. You can save quite a bit of $$$ and still be happy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top