JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any Johnson Creek Gun Club members out there?

Joined about a month ago and haven't had time to go. Looking for a member to go along and give me a few pointers on both the club and shooting. Iam
off on Fri+Sat. Friday would be best for me.The earlier the better.

RoJac

Please don't be offended, but I was a guest there a month ago and I'm aghast at the serious lack of safety there. I was shooting a qual at the last 4 lanes when two gents of eastern european descent took up residence next to me. One proceeded to walk past the yellow line during hot shoot time and nearly walked in front of me during live fire. I asked him to never do that again and He looked at me and said "dosvedania" or something. It happend twice more. No range officer on location, the instructor for my cert had to police the situation himself.
Why would anyone pay the kind of dues for this small, understaffed club when the TCGC is almost the same price with 50 times the features? The club has serious ventilation issues, crowding, and no range past 25 yards. The lighting sucks also. Greydog.

Gee, my experience has been just the opposite of Greydog. I have been a member for about 8 months. Everyone I have met has been friendly, helpful and extremely safety conscious.

If someone is doing something they shouldn't then check the sign-in sheet and call the owners to report them. If you call later the owners will call the offenders and tell them they were spotting in an unsafe action. The owners have pulled memberships in the past for safety violations. If you call the owners while things are happening someone will come to the club in short order. I think someone that works there lives right next door.

If you were new to the club then there's the chance you didn't get all the lights on. The center lights are a bit tricky. they're not on a light switch like the rest but on a button. If you run target to the end of the range (you're not supposed to shoot them up short of that) they are lit quite well.

Ventalation is similar in that it is on timers and you have to turn them on. OSHA inspects regualr and says the ventatilion system is more than required.

The dues at JCGC are not in the same catagory as TCGC and the drive (for most) is also not in the same catagory.

I'm really sorry you got such a strong negative first impression but would strongly urge you to try it again. I think you might find it's like most things, occassionally there's a bad apple. TCGC gets one now and again also.

I used to be a member and am looking to join again.
I hate having to drive to Memaloose everytime I want to shoot my GSG.
All my experiences with the club have been great.
And if your looking for shooting tips and training, grab one of the many cards off the board.
I think the private, non-policed feel makes it a better place to shoot.
-J

I saw a couple idiots there shooting .223 and some shotguns, the best thing you can do is just look at the log when those types of people(the rule breakers) sign in and slip a note under the office door, someone will take care of it. I've been a member for 3-years strong and like the fact that theres no one telling me I can't rapid fire my 1911.

IT's 120.oo a year. I think it goes Sept to Sept. They Pro rate the dues. Plus a deposit on the key card
They have a web site with all the info. johnsoncreekgunclub.com They are located at 72nd and Lamphier

RoJac

I'd go with ya if I wasn't so busy.

I agree with those who have said JCGC has been great. I like the fact that there's no staff there, and if I ever witnessed an unsafe situation (I haven't) I'd be sure the owners were made aware of it.

TCGC Yearly dues= $120.00+270 acres+8 different ranges=more value for the money. Also on duty range officers daily all open hours=more safety, less knucklehead activity. 100 yard large bore range, 600 yard outdoor large bore range, black powder range, dedicated pistol range, top quality action pistol range, trap and skeet, sporting clays, indoor .22 cal range. Humm... No brainer for the dough. Greydog.:s0155:

JCGC is a good deal for what it is.

I have been shooting there for over 15 years.

In the past couple of years the membership numbers have increased significantly.

It is nice to see NO RO's but it can also be worrysome at times with new shooters. You see some crazy things there but the only major safety issues there that I am aware of were with Milwaukie and Oregon City PD's.

I too have been a member for many years. I like the fact I can go during the week and have the place to myself or with 1-2 others.

The range is a 50 foot max range and you can only shoot non-mag handguns, plus 22 rimfire rifles.

No shotgun, and no center fire rifles.

If unsafe conditions persist call the owners. There is a rangmaster on premises certain days of the week. I believe there is an emergency telephone number posted and a phone on the wall.

Many times Saturdays and Sundays are busy. I am retired and will pick a weekday to go.

Would be happy to meet other members during the week and show them the ropes. Just hit me with an e-mail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top