JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
LOWER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — A New Jersey man was arrested after police say he shot down a neighbor's remote control drone.
According to investigators, officers with the Lower Township Police Department were called to a home in the 1000 block of Seashore Road on September 26th to investigate the report by a resident that his remote control helicopter (drone) was shot down.

Investigators say the resident was taking aerial photographs of his friend's home, which is under construction.
While doing so, the resident told police he heard several gunshots as he simultaneously lost control of the drone.
After retrieving the drone, the resident observed multiple holes in it that were consistent with a shotgun blast.

The resident called the Lower Township Police Department and when officers arrived, he directed them to the area where he heard the shots coming from.
After an investigation, police say they determined 32-year-old Russell J. Percenti allegedly fired the shots that brought down the drone

Sooner or later someone will use a drone in a crime. They may even use it to hurt someone. At that point they will ban them for everyone but the government. Just keep watching, there are a lot of bad people out there.

Sooner or later someone will use a drone in a crime. They may even use it to hurt someone. At that point they will ban them for everyone but the government. Just keep watching, there are a lot of bad people out there.
They already have.

just saw an article on it the other day.

No wait, it was here I think.

Tub Gang?

Stealing cell phones from stores.

They used the drone to scope out the store locations.

Seriously, I'd think voyeurism.

If my woman was being photographed or recorded via the drone through the window, you're damn right I'd shoot it down.
Or net it.

Matter of time before someone affixes explosive compounds or biological gunk to a drone and anarchy ensues.

I bet the WH wouldn't like a drone in their yard!

There was a company is seattle taking pictures of a building for advertisements or something and apparently a lasy called the cops saying someone was spying on her naked.
Only a matter of times before weirdos buy these for catching nude shots or worse chimos watching the kiddos.
I'd be shooting at the pilot not the flying camera

We used to call them rc helicopters and nobody gave a bubblegum.
Yea back in the 'day' those of us who were into RC had to spend the time necessary to build our aircraft and learn to fly them - along with dealing with small gas engines and all the complications that came with them. Heck now any idiot can buy an electric 'drone' and fly it within minutes and they seem to be nearly crash resistant. HOWEVER if the guy shooting at the 'drone' was violating the law by discharging a firearm within city limits (or something to that effect) then I cannot support his actions.

I used to day dream of a miniature antiaircraft missile site to take out flies. Maybe I should switch to anti-drone missiles.
Wonder what you could do with a 3-D printer ? ;-) :p

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR