Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Jerry Brown - The Pro-Gun candidate for governor (I know right?)

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by AMProducts, Oct 12, 2013.

1. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

While this doesn't really affect most of the NW too much, it is important to really look into the politics of those who you are electing, not just what letter is next to their name. As a refugee from california myself, before leaving I campaigned for Jerry Brown over Meg "Ban all assault weapons" Whitman. And it seems that investment paid off for my friends and family back in CA, yes, some of these are stupid and idiotic, but the most onerous of them did not pass. Jerry Brown filed an amicus brief for incorporation in NRA V. Chicago, this is a pro-gun move and also left the "Off-List-Lower" loophole open while he was AG.

meener777 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

My thanks to all the folks who e-mailed Jerry Brown over this issue

3. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Yep, and I got jumped by the usuals by encouraging it also.
    It definitely had some impact. Not quite enough but I am sure it had an impact in his decision. There is never a wrong time to raise hell over jumping up and down on polititions when anti gun laws are in the works.

4. U201491

Of the 18, the jerk still signed in 11 , but vetoed 7.

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Many of those signed are ridiculous, and un-enforceable!! How many residents do you think will go out of State to buy ammunition or parts to modify their firearms?

6. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm kind of thinking that the recent recalls in Colorado may have had something to do with his decision to not support all of the anti-gin bills 100%.

7. U201491

More like, it allowed him to campaign, telling both sides he supported them. Politician all the way :-/

simon99 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Glad to see he recognized the legal problems with banning all semi auto rifles. Not willing to waste taxpayers $ on a case they could not win. So, am I correct in that the lead ammo ban only applies to ammo used while hunting? Hunters don't fire that many shots in the field. There is steel shot for shotguns. Except where do you find non lead 22's. Maybe other rounds also, I am not a hunter, so am unfamiliar with the overall effect of this one.

9. U201491

I am willing to go to tungston core for everything but hunting rounds
    <EG>

10. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

"But... but the Second Amendment doesn't say ONE WORD about a Right to Keep and Bear AMMUNITION!" *snort*

11. U201491

Ammunition is part of Arms. It is not complete without it.
    Arms pretty much covers it.

That would be like removing words from freedom of speech.

And if worse comes to worse, there is always sulfur, salt peter and charcoal :)
    Mixed up lots of that when I was a kid. Never had to buy fireworks for the 4th.

ZigZagZeke and (deleted member) like this.
  12. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

I don't know that I would go that far.... lets go piece by piece:

This is essentially the "gun control" legislation most gun owners wanted at the federal level. This would keep guns out of the hands of crazy people who say crazy things to their therapist, there's no room for interpretation there.

This was as a result to a felon who they pinched in relation to the Brian Stowe beating, yea, it seemed he wasn't responsible for the beating, but they were going to charge him with "felon in possession of a gun" except the gun found in the residence was in a laundry basket in the hallway. They couldn't tie it to him. Again, I would argue this is a pro-gun regulation.

This one is crap, is it enforceable? Yes, it totally is. Will it do anything to crime rates in California? oh hell no, it's just another obstacle.

I'm sure it also bans the creation of philosopher stones and alchemy. Silly, and pointless.

This mostly affects dealers and manufacturers, and it's going to make a mess of regulations, which will probably push surefire and many of the other mfgs out of the state. California has already proven time and time again they don't want businesses in the state, all they want are illegal aliens and poor people. This may be the kick in the *** some of the bigger MFGs need to get out of there.

This makes life safer for hot-prowl burglars, totally in line with California legislation.

Nothing here... paperwork requirement.

I would argue this is a pro-gun regulation. Ever had an angry ex-girlfriend get a restraining order against you? (or at least try to?) This allows you to store your guns with an FFL instead of selling them while you work through the court case.

Only applies to hunting, yea I think it's BS, but then again when I hunt in CA I don't use lead ammo anyways so it doesn't really affect me.

Again, keeping guns away from crazy people. I'm ok with this.

13. U201491

Have a field day folks.