JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The KSG does not have a great track record. Later production is probably better from what I have read but I don't care for KT products and prefer the DP12.

I will wait for tests and reviews on the Tavor but my bet is that IWI has made it reliable.

I prefer semiautomatic over pump when comes to full power loads and the Tavor has two gas settings so it can handle low power loads too.

My experience with KT has been pleasantly positive with their KSG, PMR30 and Sub-2k. Ditto for my modified Tavor and Galil Ace .308.

With the Tavor TS12 how does one select between different loads (buck vs slug)? Can the tubes be manually rotated? Same problem with the DP12; I don't think you can select which load to chamber.

I keep different loads in my KSG tubes and tube selection is as easy as can be. Being able to use 24 Minishells in the KSG covers capacity issues for my purposes.

Last Edited:
TS12 tubes seem to be manual rotation only so switching ammo type should be easy.

DP12 offers no choice - one tube then the other. It is basically two shotguns side by side controlled by one trigger and one pump. Fire fire pump. Rinse and repeat. Both sides are loaded at the same time.

I'm eager to read some reviews of the Tavor. Perhaps they will persuade me to pick one up. I can't give IWI enough praise in their ability produce innovative and reliable products that actually are used by military around the world.

That said, I still do think it's ugly. But... I can overlook that if it delivers.

I'm eager to read some reviews of the Tavor. Perhaps they will persuade me to pick one up. I can't give IWI enough praise in their ability produce innovative and reliable products that actually are used by military around the world.

That said, I still do think it's ugly. But... I can overlook that if it delivers.
Too bad IWI didn't bring the Galil back. :( I didn't like the Galil Ace.

I had a Galil Ace in .308, it is a good rifle. But I eventually sold it and went with a FAL (was originally going to get a vepr in .308 though). I just have more of a preference for the original galil.

A rear sight on the dust cover I don't mind, its a heavy optic on it I can't get over. It wasn't an issue, just didn't work for me.

Mossberg now has a "mag fed" 590

But it isn't a Remington :rolleyes:.

:pJ/k I'm just a pump guy. I find I run thru Ammo so fast on Simi autos that I'm out before I have time to register it. Not sure if that's my paintball background or what but I'm much better at making my rounds count with a pump. Or maybe I need to practice more and try a Mossburg:D

I have need of the features

When I go outside with my shotgun it is very dark and I don't know what is out there or how close or where it is. It might be a bear or cougar or a racoon or squirrel.

So I need a shotgun that is quick, high capacity and being able to switch ammo is a big plus. Semiautomatic gives me fast follow-up shots. High capacity means I can miss and it takes longer to run out of ammo.

So, assuming it is reliable, the Tavor ticks off most of my list of things I want and need.
And here is where I see it as being a huge positive for you and a negative for me. I think my humble mossberg 930 will suit me fine as I generally would need a simple home defense set up. The fact that I can stuff 8 rounds in mine is probably enough. I have a vepr s12, but I have a feeling if I ever had to use a 12 gauge ak, that the self defense claim might be disregarded, though it would have to be 100% true before I would think of using a 12 gauge.

It is an interesting concept and I like the short OAL. The fact you have to depress a button and turn the magazine tube when one runs dry is kind of "meh", imho. Between that fact and it is brand new, I can't see investing in one any time soon.

IMG_3421.PNG Still saving for the fostech origin 12 sbv.