JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It looks like Tavor tried to recreate the gun from starship troopers. This thing is massive, and ugly in my opinion.
IWI-Tavor-TS12-2.jpg

If the multiple magazine tubes rotate automatically, I like it. Then again, I love butt ugly firearms in general.
They rotate manually but if chamber is empty then shell is fed automatically when tube is rotated inline.

Also, offline tubes can be reloaded from either side.

I wish it would auto rotate too.

Upside is that you can rotate either direction IIRC and therefore pick the load you want - e.g, switch back and forth between shot and slug and door buster, etc

I just watched a video on the TraverTS12. Not even magazine fed. Just a trick three shell tube semi auto shotgun. Ambo but still I will definitely PASS. I am LH but still. They could have made it so good. It ends up being just another fad. I am saddened. Hoped for more. Got less. Oh well. :( :(

I have need of the features

When I go outside with my shotgun it is very dark and I don't know what is out there or how close or where it is. It might be a bear or cougar or a racoon or squirrel.

So I need a shotgun that is quick, high capacity and being able to switch ammo is a big plus. Semiautomatic gives me fast follow-up shots. High capacity means I can miss and it takes longer to run out of ammo.

So, assuming it is reliable, the Tavor ticks off most of my list of things I want and need.

If you consider that you get significantly higher capacity with a KSG using Minishells and that you can actually select if you want to fire 00 buck or a slug with the KSG with the flip of a switch, I'm not seeing any advantages for the Tavor.

The TS12 does have the advantage of being semi-auto. Some would consider that an advantage and some would not. Guess it depends what you are comfortable with.

One could cite better reliability/reputation of IWI, but this is a first generation product with no track record. My Kel-Tec KSG has been 100% rock solid reliable. So there's that too.