JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1800
Manufacturer
Ithaca
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Lorane
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Very nice 1911-A1 WWII Army issue, no slop or waggle between slide and receiver, everything very tight, fully functional. In this photo, seven-digit serial number (first two digits are : "21...") is covered by tape as a precaution in homage to my own paranoia. Finish is blue, with toolmarks visible. Markings on the pistol (i.e. letters and numbers) are sharp, not worn, though arsenal markings are very shallow compared to other markings. Pistol was assessed against some encyclopedia (I forget the precise name of the encyclopedia, but it is still accessible in a reference library about fifteen or so miles from where I am sitting at this moment) of 1911 pistols and was correct in all markings including grips. I think that this pistol was somebody's "Safe Queen." I have owned it for approximately two years. Bottom line, this pistol is in excellent condition. The only reason that I am putting several guns up for consideration of sale is so that I can purchase a particular motorcycle.

PXL_20240409_023755212.MP.jpg PXL_20240409_023838562.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I can try to upload additional photos ("close-ups") of the markings, but first I am preoccupied with getting ALL "for sale" items posted. I have one more (last 'for sale' item) to deal with tomorrow.
Is this Ithaca 1911A-1in original blue? I don't know. I had a Colt 1911 (not "A-1," made in 1917), and it was also in blue, not parkerized. I purchased this pistol approx two years ago. I have done nothing to alter it and I have never fired it. My knowledgeable co-workers at the gun store where I bought it all examined it with reverence against every reference book we had on hand, including one that would even divulge the full name of whichever armorer put his initials on it. We found no indications of fraud or fakery, but none of us claim to be experts. I have seen counterfeit money, handbags, even a counterfeit guitar, so yes, I agree, "buyer, beware," but if I don't get a buyer for ANY of my items, I can still be happy to keep each and every one of them. If I sell it, fine. If I don't, also fine. It is worth my asking price to me.
I don't know how else to answer your question.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top