Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Is there a setting for this?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Blitzkrieg, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I get offlined from the site a bit too soon, if I get a short phone call or am on another forum for a bit. Can I extend the log in time?

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

I believe this is a global setting in that it effects all users. After a prescribed period of inactivity a user is logged off. How long are you off surfing other sites and FYI you can stay logged in if you click on, I believe it is, "stay logged in" or "Remember me", something like that.

3. Blitzkrieg

Thanks, it happens fast, like 10 or 15 minutes

4. Audrey

Audrey Willamette Valley Active Member

This can be influenced by cookie and browser settings too.

5. Blitzkrieg

Another good possibility, TY

6. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm not sure if this is the same question, but I keep getting logged out while typing in the quick reply box, and also, while typing the auto save (yellow) will show up and then, when I type the letters won't appear, not that I'm good at typing or anything like that, but it doesn't help. Seems like the time span is maybe 2 to 3 minutes. It's starting to happen now.

7. pakrat57

pakrat57 Reedsport Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Do you check the box that says keep me logged in when you log on, if you do it must be your computer settings. Once I log on I stay logged on no matter if I am away from the computer for hrs or days or even if I shut my computer off.

8. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. If I am typing a longer response where I'm trying to collect my thoughts ( which can take me a while, ha,ha) the site will drop off. Kind of irritating.

9. 41Slinger

Are you referring to the remember me box ? Also now I've discovered that the smiles won't work. I have a brand new computer, so it's probably something on my end.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  10. pakrat57

pakrat57 Reedsport Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes, I had to log out just to make sure.

11. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Don't forget to check the "Remember me" box when logging on. That's what keeps me logged in, sometimes for days when I don't turn the 'puter off!

12. 41Slinger

Thanks pakrat57 & orygun, I'll try it. Now I've got to figure out why the smiles won't work, cause I like my smiles. Maybe something to do with popup blocker or Norton. This computing isn't my strong suit.

Got rid of the typing issues and got my smiles back too, (Tools, compatibility issues, NWF permission), :) I'm now officially a computer "GOD" :bluelaugh::laugh: just ask me. lol

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014