JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, you can get conversion barrels for the 10mm Glocks. You can run 10mm, .40, and .357Sig thru a 10mm Glock with just a barrel change maybe a recoil spring, but I read an article in a gun mag a few years back where a guy took a gen 3 Glock 20 and did just that, with a couple KKM drop in barrels, and thats all he did.

You may even be able to run 40 out of a 10mm barrel, but I don't think I would, since conversion barrels don't cost much.

Yup, you can get conversion barrels for the 10mm Glocks. You can run 10mm, .40, and .357Sig thru a 10mm Glock with just a barrel change maybe a recoil spring, but I read an article in a gun mag a few years back where a guy took a gen 3 Glock 20 and did just that, with a couple KKM drop in barrels, and thats all he did.

You may even be able to run 40 out of a 10mm barrel, but I don't think I would, since conversion barrels don't cost much.

You can run .40 in a 10mm (done it) but you build up a carbon ring, you also lose about 100FPS.

any recommended 10 mm with mos? Any 1911 10 mm that can do this?
Can't speak to a 1911/MOS - 10mm/MOS is the Glock 40 MOS, Gen 4.
On the original question, I have a Para P16/40 (40 S&W) with an Ed Brown 10mm barrel that shoots fantastic - using the OEM factory mags, feeding/extraction are normal.
Some have their 40 barrel 'reamed' for 10 mm by a qualified smith the the right tools.

Some will.
I'm working on converting a S&W M&P40 to 10mm. The 10mm rounds just fit the mag.

BTW, MOS-Minute Of Squirrel?

10mm would be very cool in an M&P.

Love to either see a post about that conversion (model 1 or the newer 2.0?) or by PM
I did 357 SIG and 9mm barrels for my 40 S&W, works like a charm.

BTW for the op, 10mm works fine in my Para P16 mags. It's a longer bullet - pretty easy to check fitment by trying to charge a mag, either works or it won't.

Naturally best if you can insure proper feeding with the correct barrel installed, but if the bullets load into the mag, it's reasonable they'll feed correctly with or without tweaking the mag lips.

Most 1911s speciffically built as 10 MM will handle .40 S&W with nothing but a softer recoil spring, and the mags are usually able of feeding both. There will be some carbon buildup in your chamber, same as running. 38 special in a .357 mag, but it's a minor thing. One thing to be careful of, make sure your 1911 has a ramped/supported barrel, and your good to go. For the Glock, it's as simple as the 1911, change the recoil spring and have a fun day! The way I see it, conversion barrels are for .40 cal guns to be able to handle 10 MM, but the lock has issues handling full pop 10 MM ammo, so be careful. Other then that, I see no reason to "Convert" a pistol all ready chamberd and set up for 10 MM!
Hope this helps some!
@Tully Mars have you found a barrel yet, those ones we were looking at don't support the 10mm case well enough ( same as Glock) I'm thinking a Bar-Sto blank might be the only good option, unless you know different! :D

Love to either see a post about that conversion (model 1 or the newer 2.0?) or by PM
I did 357 SIG and 9mm barrels for my 40 S&W, works like a charm.

When she's up and running I'l be braggin-err posting pics;)
I got a 2.0

@Tully Mars have you found a barrel yet, those ones we were looking at don't support the 10mm case well enough ( same as Glock) I'm thinking a Bar-Sto blank might be the only good option, unless you know different!

I looked at the Bar-Sto really hard but the stock length is $340.00. I bought a full length blank for $200.00 that after machining out the M&P barrel will still let me make 2 more barrels for my Stens. Definitely more machining this way but since I can't charge myself labor and I get two more barrels I figure it's the way to go.

Most 1911s speciffically built as 10 MM will handle .40 S&W with nothing but a softer recoil spring, and the mags are usually able of feeding both. There will be some carbon buildup in your chamber, same as running. 38 special in a .357 mag, but it's a minor thing. One thing to be careful of, make sure your 1911 has a ramped/supported barrel, and your good to go. For the Glock, it's as simple as the 1911, change the recoil spring and have a fun day! The way I see it, conversion barrels are for .40 cal guns to be able to handle 10 MM, but the lock has issues handling full pop 10 MM ammo, so be careful. Other then that, I see no reason to "Convert" a pistol all ready chamberd and set up for 10 MM!
Hope this helps some!
@Tully Mars have you found a barrel yet, those ones we were looking at don't support the 10mm case well enough ( same as Glock) I'm thinking a Bar-Sto blank might be the only good option, unless you know different! :D

Since I'm in this position with one of my firearms, worth pointing out, you probably don't want to do a 10mm conversion on (any) an alum. frame 1911 due to the pressures involved, in addition to having a ramped barrel setup. Steel framed is the way to do.

Hope this helps some!

Yep! I've run .40 S&W in my G20 without even bothering to swap out the recoil spring - ran great! No failures. I posted about it on a thread here somewhere, even posted pics of the empty casings afterward to show no issues.

And yeah, I wish S&W would make an M&P in 10mm. I'd be all over that.

Shooting 40 in a 10 barrel? You are depending on the extractor to hold the cartridge in place to struck by the firing pin. Just buy a barrel.

I don't make a regular habit of it, I just know it can be done. I've got other guns in .40 S&W, no need for another conversion barrel. I just like knowing it could be done, say in an emergency.

I really don't have a good reason for my 40 conversion barrels other than ammo availability. I practice shooting 10 MM from my 10's. I can't see any advantage of shooting a different caliber in the same gun for practice. I can just shoot nine for practice, and I do some. I do not have any 380 conversion barrels in case you are wondering.

40 has become a mainstay with me. I love 357 Sig and 10MM, but I like 40 for hoarding. I like hoarding it better than hoarding 22LR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top