JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tactical, Comes from the word Tactics which is arranging, organising and manuvering to take or gain an objective in the art of handling a military force in battle. Source: Workbook on Tactics and Techniques US Army Non Commisioned Officers Academy which I were a graduate. (<:}-

Tactical is the adjective and is very misused, and if I recall correctly the first time I heard tactical out side of the military was when the LE had tactical response teams which I believe evolved into SWAT?
So I guess if you are on a tactical operation anything that is in your hand or hanging off your body is now qualified to be referrd to as tactical.

Does anybody know where I can buy some tactical socks?

Couldnt believe it took this many posts for some one to interject with a proper descirption of the actual use/origin/purpose of the word.

and 5.11 makes "tactical" socks...

So, maybe over used, but at the same time the term and process behind studying and training in particuluar tactics has also come in to the mainstream, with paint ball and airsoft on the rise, etc.

It was only a matter of time before Tactical Fan Boys became a common and legitimate sub culture.

Owning Tactical marketed Equipment in itself is not tactical, knowing how to apply knowledge, gear and experience to a SPECIFIC and pre planned goal is TACTICAL.

In my opinion it is a method of thought and action, not a feature or item.

I own 3 pairs of the 5.11 tactical socks... got them free when I sent copys of my recepts for EMT pants. And the word tactical attracts the eyes of the Mall Ninja, and honestly I wish there were other words used about black rifles, as for the tactical dog, I've a black one who is not tactical, just stelthy in the dark, she likes to sleep in places where I can trip over her at night, but is terrified of firearms, she will run if she sees me touch a rifle, or hand gun case

Tactical is over used, to explain things pertaining to weapons, and shooting.

This thread needs moar Tactical Cheeseburger.

short.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads