JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me, or is the firearms world overstuffed with the word "tactical"? It seems like everything is tactical. Tactical businesses, tactical buttstocks, tactical barrel nuts.... I even talked with a co-worker the other day who said "I'm very tactical when I go shooting".... WTF does that even mean?

Anyone else think there's a bit too much "tactical" in our world?

Greg

What would even make you think a thing like that................

DSC02212.jpg

tac·ti·cal   [tak-ti-kuhl]
adjective

1. of or pertaining to tactics, especially military or naval tactics.

2. of or pertaining to most modern weapons colored black

3. The act of persuading or enticing males between the age of 12 to 70 into acquiring modern weapons colored black

4. The act of using modern weapons colored black in competitions reenacting military, or law enforcement tactics

5. prudent; politic.

im going to spray paint a few dozen baseball bats flat black, and sell them at the gun show as a tactical defence system lol ,maybe a flashlight in the handle . make millions lol. yes its getin silly.

it's kinda gay but also it does define sportsman shooting from"tactical shooting"or hunters gear from military or LE type gear so i guess
if you got rid of "tactical"to define the two then you would need to make a new word for military/LE type gear or training.
what should we use to replace tactical with?....how about.....precision?...precision rifle,precision vest,precision marksman training?
that sounds even more gay than tactical.

im going to spray paint a few dozen baseball bats flat black, and sell them at the gun show as a tactical defence system lol ,maybe a flashlight in the handle . make millions lol. yes its getin silly.

maybe we could move a line of tactical kitchenware to the women too?
the tactical coffee pot that blasts your coffee out in 2 seconds rather than waiting 10 minutes for your morning cup of java?
or the tactical blender that explodes your food rather than blending it?
how about the tactical carwash?its a ball of tannerite mixed with soap and explodes the soap onto the car so all you have to do is rinse?
this tactical stuff could go outside of firearms.

I think it is very helpful in describing things that are other wise lacking in description! Example: when I woke up this morning I did a tactical stretch before getting up, took a tactical dump, executed a tactical shaveing maneuver and poured some coffee in my tactical mug. Nobody gives a falafel about your morning routine normally, but you dress it up a bit with "tactical" and suddenly you are everybody's hero and everyone wants to be you! I mean seriously, who doesnt dream about tactical beer mugs, tactical toupee's, tactical ballpoint pens, tactical macaroni and tactical spaghetti sauce!:s0155:

Tactical, Comes from the word Tactics which is arranging, organising and manuvering to take or gain an objective in the art of handling a military force in battle. Source: Workbook on Tactics and Techniques US Army Non Commisioned Officers Academy which I were a graduate. (<:}-

Tactical is the adjective and is very misused, and if I recall correctly the first time I heard tactical out side of the military was when the LE had tactical response teams which I believe evolved into SWAT?
So I guess if you are on a tactical operation anything that is in your hand or hanging off your body is now qualified to be referrd to as tactical.

Does anybody know where I can buy some tactical socks?

maybe we could move a line of tactical kitchenware to the women too?
the tactical coffee pot that blasts your coffee out in 2 seconds rather than waiting 10 minutes for your morning cup of java?
or the tactical blender that explodes your food rather than blending it?
how about the tactical carwash?its a ball of tannerite mixed with soap and explodes the soap onto the car so all you have to do is rinse?
this tactical stuff could go outside of firearms.

Cops are bad about helping perpetuate the cycle! Paint it black, call it tactical and it's a "Must have" item!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top