JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been toying with the Idea of a smaller more compact EDC pistol. I have not kept up on all the newest toys, so I have been doing my due diligence and researching the available offerings that have come on the market. among the choices I have come across, I see good reviews of the new Taurus G2 catagories and especially intriguing are the PT111 millenium G2. I have always been anti Taurus from all the negativity that I have read about their reliability...Is this a new dawn for Taurus, or can I keep looking???o_O

I have the PT709 slim.
Essentially, it mechanically seems to be a single stack versin of the PT111.. From what I can tell. Same sights, same mechanical operation, same safety type..etc.

With that said, I love my PT709. Its my EDC and Im seeking to pick up a TCP here soon.

Im probably the only pro taurus owner online. Ive never had a lemon. Some Ive shot occasionally and some I own see regular use. None have given me issues.
So in this taurus owners opinion, yes.
Also take a look at the SCCY pistols depending on the price comparison, the sccys trigger may be stiffer.

Yes.

I had about 600 rounds out of mine before I sold it to my brother. I would still be rocking it if a Mod.2 XD9mm didn't call my name.

I've owned 2 Taurus pistols, not the model you're looking at, but they were decent pistols and shot well for me. I didn't think the quality/finish were up to the standards of some other makers, but for me, it was only important that they worked reliably, which they did.

Also take a look at the SCCY pistols depending on the price comparison, the sccys trigger may be stiffer.[/QUOTE]
This is another of the newer pistols I have been researching along with the Sig 238. I like all three. I've had Kahr, M&P and smaller Berettas and a few other small Pistols, but nothing that makes me want to jump back into them. I have been carrying a 1911 Commander for the last 6 years or so, but I am ready to lighten the weight a bit.

I have been toying with the Idea of a smaller more compact EDC pistol. I have not kept up on all the newest toys, so I have been doing my due diligence and researching the available offerings that have come on the market. among the choices I have come across, I see good reviews of the new Taurus G2 catagories and especially intriguing are the PT111 millenium G2. I have always been anti Taurus from all the negativity that I have read about their reliability...Is this a new dawn for Taurus, or can I keep looking???o_O

Palmetto State Armory has the PT111 Gen 2 on sale today only for $199:

Taurus PT111 Gen2 9mm Pistol -- 1-111031G2-12 (http://palmettostatearmory.com/taurus-pt111-gen2-9mm-1-111031g2-12.html?trk_msg=L403T2JOI924946RT1CIKET5Q8&trk_contact=9NH2LBB1MFR2T6RAM96ENEJST4&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2ftaurus-pt111-gen2-9mm-1-111031g2-12.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deals+Email&utm_content=12%3a00+Deals)

My wife bought the Taurus 24/7 compact as her first carry gun, and she loves it. even in .45, she has no problem controlling it! We did have a big recall on it, but Taurus was really quick about it, and sent two free mags and a new hard case for the trouble. The 24/7 has been reliable, the build quality is good, and the trigger is consistent. She has switched to the S/W shield for deep carry for when the need arises, but still like the bigger .45 for its ease and feel! It seems Taurus has stepped up the quality considerably in the last few years, and I am glad to see that they are building good pistols to compete with others! My self, I have been looking at the Berettas with a close eye toward a small back up piece. I may pick up a Beretta Cougar soon!

I can't speak much for their pistols but their revolvers suck pretty bad. Or atleast they used to. Too much cylinder gap, cylinder side-to-side play was excessive, cheap soft extractor rods that bend extremely easily. I hear they've corrected the problems.. I still don't trust Taurus... now if they start producing all their guns in the US then I'll give 'em another try. Until that happens, no thanks.

I have a stainless steel PT145MilPro that is actually one of the most comfortable feeling pistols in my hand, ever. I don't care for the Heine "straight eight" sights on it, but it always shot well enough. I don't EDC it anymore because I wanted to ditch the external softies and wanted the ease/security of ubiquitous extra/replacement parts/magazines, so now I rock a Glock-30 (& 19) as my EDC.

I can't speak much for their pistols but their revolvers suck pretty bad. Or atleast they used to. Too much cylinder gap, cylinder side-to-side play was excessive, cheap soft extractor rods that bend extremely easily. I hear they've corrected the problems.. I still don't trust Taurus... now if they start producing all their guns in the US then I'll give 'em another try. Until that happens, no thanks.
This is basically how I feel, but as of late I keep hearing that they have improved their quality, build materials and customer service. It would be good for them, and I like to give manufacturers a chance if I hear they have done the right thing. I am still not completely convinced, but it is nice to hear positives from such a previously not so good company. I am totally with the made in US part though!

Well bubblegum! already sold out! Thanks for the heads up though, etrain!
In stock now as of 11:41am

image.png

I have a stainless steel PT145MilPro that is actually one of the most comfortable feeling pistols in my hand, ever. I don't care for the Heine "straight eight" sights on it, but it always shot well enough. I don't EDC it anymore because I wanted to ditch the external softies and wanted the ease/security of ubiquitous extra/replacement parts/magazines, so now I rock a Glock-30 (& 19) as my EDC.
- -
This Right Here .
..." I have a stainless steel PT145MilPro that is actually one of the most comfortable feeling pistols in my hand, ever ".

Same here, and that what pisses me off the most about this pistol . Taurus did something right, the overall shape/design is great . And (mine) It does functions 100% enough (if you chose) to carry EDC, if you run only Round-Ball threw it . Also ( for me ) the big downfall is Taurus Magazine Quality Choice . they really suck so bad . Good Magazine quality is so crucial and can breakdown the best out there . That why for me, my low-end quality EDC is always going to be the G26 .

. Taurus is always the 'house gun' , the backup/range paper-steel shooter, or a 'loaner' to friend . and nothing more.
Taurus just IS. what it IS . they will never change. They choose not to compete/market against better quality pistols . Taurus business model is holding a permanent mindset on this and they ALWAYS Going to be the Low-Dog on the totem pole .

I've owned 7 different Tauri over the years, both wheel guns and pistols. The only ones that I would not recommend is the pt22. I currently own the 111 g2. It is a very nice shooter and has been trouble free. My friend has a pt92 that I really like. All this Taurus love coming from a Sig fan boy?

I have a Taurus 709 slim. It's fine for a smaller sized "target/practice" pistol vs. my even smaller sized Diamond Back 9mm (which is my EDC/CCW). Yes, my DB 9mm carries one less round vs. the Taurus. But, I like it BETTER because it's smaller (more concealable) and lighter. So, it gets my vote for an EDC/CCW. Mind you that....recoil can be "snappy" in this small of a platform. Practice, practice, practice....

If I wanted less recoil and more rounds.....OK, there are many more (bigger) 9mm pistols to choose from. Sig anyone?

As for a Taurus brand of firearm in a revolver. Well I'd want a S&W. But, if I were on a tight budget, I'd pick a Rossi before I'd go for a Taurus. Last time I looked, the Rossi still had the familiar S&W style of lock work. Though probably NOT interchangeable w/ S&W parts. The Taurus meanwhile, was completely different. Then, being that I carried a S&W Mod 15 (in uniform), well I trust the S&W style of lockwork. Yes, I generally like S&W revolvers and I'm probably biased. Colt...OK....I'd go for a Colt SAA. LOL. Ruger....well, they are not a S&W or a Colt SAA, so my interest is not really there. The only exception being my pair of Ruger Vaqueros which are "really tough SOBs."

Aloha, Mark

My son seems to be a Taurus Fan and he has a second Millennium G2, The first he traded to a 709 Slim for his wife, but she did not like the snappy 709, she shot it well and it was reliable but... so they kept the 709 and bought a new G2, He has had a lot of Sig's, Glock's, Beretta's, Ruger's carried for service so he has a eye for function and his Taurus have had their share rounds fired.
I only have one Taurus myself but it (a 605) works and I have had it at least a dozen years.