JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It looks really cool! Sorry, I am a newbie to long(er) guns, so I don't know if the buffer tube makes it an SBR or something like that.

Jim, thanks! I didn't know that it made it an AOW. That is kind of cool to know.
Though, I thought SBRs were legal in OR with a simple tax stamp as well? Or are you speaking of Washington there?

M

IF the buffer tube is required for function, as is the case here, it is not considered a stock. It is considered exactly what it is which is a buffer tube. This means it is a pistol. If you were to put a buffer tube on an AR that does not require one to function you may run into trouble.

WA doesn't allow SBR's; Oregon does. "Simple" tax stamp yes, but still $200 and the waiting game.

Olympic Arms makes a pistol that requires the buffer tube, which sticks out the back, and still it is considered a pistol:

<broken link removed>

2021OlympicArms_K23P.jpg

I don't know much about the AR pistols, is the buffer tube long enough to be used like a stock to stabilize and shoot accurately like a rifle?

They've got a bit of foam on it but it isn't a buttstock. Not really sure how the ATF defines a buttstock but I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

Most of these types of guns are most accurately fired using a sling and bracing the pistol by pushing it away from your body. Some various examples of this can be found on YouTube.

The ATF dose not define butt stock.

The ATF defines a rifle as; "Rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

The AR pistols that require the buffer tube are NOT designed to be fired from the shoulder. This does not mean they can not be fired from the shoulder though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top