JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was watching a youtube video of new market products that was linked to a gunzine article.

This particular video was from Sig and talked about their new line of 1911 pistols with more traditional slide profiles. However, during the video they show a left hand 1911 pistol, but say nothing about it.

Anyone out there know tow skinny on this one?

fmgpubs's Channel - YouTube

Hope the link gets ya started in the right direction.

Sometimes when video or photos are done for magazines or promos or just about anything really, they will mirror with image to get whatever effect it is they are looking for. I would be willing to bet that the gun at the end of the video was jut a mirrored image. Of course I could just be wrong as well.

With the P versions (229, 239, etc...) it is relatively easy to switch some of the functions...looking at the sig web page image of the 1911, it looks like that too is the case...however, why not give them a call:
SIG SAUER Customer Service Department:
Phone: (603) 772-2302 (press #3 for Customer Service)
I am certain that they would be happy to talk about it.

If Sig or any maker was coming out with a left handed 1911 they would surely make a point of announcing that fact. It is probably an editing trick that the producer of the show/commercial/segment used to get a better look at the gun and didn't realize it might get a bunch of left handed people all excited.

Left handed people have been using the 1911 now for a hundred years without much fuss, why would someone invest the sizeable ammount of money to cure a problem that dosen't exist?