JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Colt is still a quality brand and has the best warranty in the business. I had the barrel lug on my Gold Cup crack and all it took was a call. They emailed me a prepaid shipping label and I had the gun back in less than 4 weeks. The gun now is more accurate than when I first got it to the point I'm contemplating selling my Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special because I prefer the feel of my Colt!
Colt ownership sucked every cent out of the company and it's pretty much broke. They will file for bankruptcy again and reorg... The Brand name is worth too much for the brand to disappear.
To answer the MIM comment I read earlier, EVERY manufacturer uses MIM parts unless you are will to pay for the tool steel so step up to a Dan Wesson, NightHawk, Les Baer Wilson Combat..... Most people will never have a problem with MIM parts because they never put enough rounds through their guns to wear them out. After 5000 rounds problems start rearing their heads so your safe queens will never have an issue;)
I will say MIM is the main reason I have never owned a Kimber (or should I say Mimber). Good looking guns but to replace all the MIM parts costs $300 in parts and that's if you're good enough and have the proper tools to install them within tolerance. To add a quality smith into the equation you can almost double the cost of the parts.

Colt is still a quality brand and has the best warranty in the business. I had the barrel lug on my Gold Cup crack and all it took was a call. They emailed me a prepaid shipping label and I had the gun back in less than 4 weeks. The gun now is more accurate than when I first got it to the point I'm contemplating selling my Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special because I prefer the feel of my Colt!
Colt ownership sucked every cent out of the company and it's pretty much broke. They will file for bankruptcy again and reorg... The Brand name is worth too much for the brand to disappear.
To answer the MIM comment I read earlier, EVERY manufacturer uses MIM parts unless you are will to pay for the tool steel so step up to a Dan Wesson, NightHawk, Les Baer Wilson Combat..... Most people will never have a problem with MIM parts because they never put enough rounds through their guns to wear them out. After 5000 rounds problems start rearing their heads so your safe queens will never have an issue;)
I will say MIM is the main reason I have never owned a Kimber (or should I say Mimber). Good looking guns but to replace all the MIM parts costs $300 in parts and that's if you're good enough and have the proper tools to install them within tolerance. To add a quality smith into the equation you can almost double the cost of the parts.

Just means if you shoot a lot then you buy two duplicate Kimbers as one will always be getting repaired.:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top