JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I go shooting 2-5 times a month. For me it is a ton of fun to shoot clays up at Larch with family and friends. Today my buddy asked me since I shoot so much, if I was reloading my own shells? That got me thinking. Is it cost effective and what it cost me for a good easy set up? Right now I just plan on doing 12ga and only 12ga.

It's not cost effective to reload trap shells. I can buy a 100rnd value pack at walmart for $23. I have a shotshell loader and a couple thousand hulls waiting for when it is cost effective. If you search around you may be able to come across some 2nd hand shot for $1 a pound and that would bring it down to $20 per 100. If you build a shot maker and buy your lead on the cheap $.30-.50 you could make it worth while but that's a whole other beast I've been going to build a shot maker for 2 years now I just have'nt got around to it

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top