JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watched a couple of his videos and there is some pretty good info there. Decided to break it down to each individual skill and am finding that trouble spots tend to stand out. I pretty much suck at everything so have a lot of work to do!
The key is go snail slow about a million times, concentrating solely on perfect technique, then gradually increase speed. Use a timer and note pad to verify by tracking.

Your prices and curriculum look good. I'll have to come see you when I can line it up. Still would like to find some locals that are good and want to be great at pistol shooting.

Another shameless plug for https://cerberus-training.com/ (Steve Shields). Three trips out, more planned, his Run the Gun course may be where you are at. I was about where you are in my training a few years ago, before training out at Cerberus where Steve does a great job at making you THINK about WHY you do what you do and how you do it. This has cascaded in further training and a desire to push outside my comfort zone (Most recently in a Bill Blowers course)

As others have said, competition is also great. I prefer ASI shooting over the others simply for the more more laxed environment, lack of huge egos and FAR less rules about firearm types and set ups are allowed.

Good luck!

I enjoy IDPA, but there is very little about it that resembles reality
Some of the videos I've seen were shooting behind cars. Maybe I have the wrong impression. Having a hard time finding Eugene Practical Shooters. Are they still together? Medford is the closest one I would go to besides them. I'll check out some ASI too.

Some of the videos I've seen were shooting behind cars. Maybe I have the wrong impression. Having a hard time finding Eugene Practical Shooters. Are they still together? Medford is the closest one I would go to besides them. I'll check out some ASI too.
I'm MD for the Eugene Practical Shooters IDPA in Eugene. There is a match this Saturday, and every 3rd Saturday of the month. Practiscore sign up, just search matches with "Eugene" in search box to find them.

Website is not maintained much these days, since we moved to Practiscore, but should be easy to find: http://www.eugenepracticalshooters.com

Range is owned by the Izaak Walton League in Eugene:

I don't have much to say on "realism" other than I go to shooting matches for fun but I avoid gunfights. We do try to have a semblance of reality in our fun IDPA matches.

I'm MD for the Eugene Practical Shooters IDPA in Eugene. There is a match this Saturday, and every 3rd Saturday of the month. Practiscore sign up, just search matches with "Eugene" in search box to find them.

Website is not maintained much these days, since we moved to Practiscore, but should be easy to find: http://www.eugenepracticalshooters.com

Range is owned by the Izaak Walton League in Eugene:

I don't have much to say on "realism" other than I go to shooting matches for fun but I avoid gunfights. We do try to have a semblance of reality in our fun IDPA matches.
Thanks Ben! When the dust settles I'll get down there to see what it's all about

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top