JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was going to be in southern OR for 3 or 4 days I asked about OC. And no one could give any details. Not about what was considered Open carry, not about where it was common, etc... But what I found is the old guy fueling his RV while OC'ing was not even noticed. No one cared.

one other thing about Gas stations,
I was at a self serve station in Southern CA, on the other side of the station was a guy filling his tank.
A Lowrider pulled into the lot but not up to the pumps and 4 guys piled out and made a bee line toward the guy pumping gas. As they get closer they start making threats, "I'm gonna F you up........"
When they are just out of arms reach the one at the pump pulls the nozzle out and hoses all 4 down with gas, whips out a zippo, and says OK who wants to get a little closer? one pulled a gun and the guy at the pump says 'Go ahead , you will go up in flames too"! After a few more F you's and a lot of backing up the 4 got back in the lowrider and drove away.

I always remember that when I'm at a gas station, and I'm amazed at how quickly one shut down the 4! DR

When I was going to be in southern OR for 3 or 4 days I asked about OC. And no one could give any details. Not about what was considered Open carry, not about where it was common, etc... But what I found is the old guy fueling his RV while OC'ing was not even noticed. No one cared.

I was at a self serve station in Southern CA, on the other side of the station was a guy filling his tank.
A Lowrider pulled into the lot but not up to the pumps and 4 guys piled out and made a bee line toward the guy pumping gas. As they get closer they start making threats, "I'm gonna F you up........"
When they are just out of arms reach the one at the pump pulls the nozzle out and hoses all 4 down with gas, whips out a zippo, and says OK who wants to get a little closer? one pulled a gun and the guy at the pump says 'Go ahead , you will go up in flames too"! After a few more F you's and a lot of backing up the 4 got back in the lowrider and drove away.

I always remember that when I'm at a gas station, and I'm amazed at how quickly one shut down the 4! DR
Haven't smoked in almost 40 years, now I need a tiny holster for a Zippo?

1000003072.jpg

When I have OC'd I have never had to deal with being told it was 'illegal' by anyone - but I have dealt with some who were obviously shocked, asked me WHY I was 'doing it' and similar drivel.
Yep... here small town Colorado, too. That's why I prefer NOT to OC- that and the possibility of becoming a target. Had a guy (A long time ago in a inner city far, far away) come up behind me and make a grab for the pistol. He wasn't as slick as he thought he was and I dunno who was more surprised at my response- him or the gal I was with...

Last Edited:
Over the years here, I've seen as many women oc as men. Mostly in Walmart but not recently. I talked to one younger guy, who said he was waiting on his carry permit.
That's incredibly surprising! According to a congresswoman of the Blue party... women are too stupid to work a safety and only put themselves in more danger. Only men present any risk to a woman's life and they will just take the gun away and shoot her with it.

Can't make that chit up. :s0140:

ETA: To be fair, I was paraphrasing. Her actual words were more along the lines... removing the safety before firing is too much for a woman to remember. :s0155:

That's incredibly surprising! According to a congresswoman of the Blue party... women are too stupid to work a safety and only put themselves in more danger. Only men present any risk to a woman's life and they will just take the gun away and shoot her with it.

ETA: To be fair, I was paraphrasing. Her actual words were more along the lines... removing the safety before firing is too much for a woman to remember. :s0155:
Can't work a safety? Then let them carry Glocks!

So she's saying they can't work a "cocker"?

Sounds like she is advocating for women to be excluded from most frontline defense work. I wonder how many women would agree with her.

A gal I went to high school with once publicly tried to shame me by saying the same thing. She had been a victim of domestic violence and told me a gun wouldn't have helped her, it would have just got her shot. I can also see her approaching someone open carrying and complaining.

I didn't think she was all that bright back in school, either.

Last Edited:
Yep... here small town Colorado, too. That's why I prefer NOT to OC- that and the possibility of becoming a target. Had a guy (A long time ago in a inner city far, far away) come up behind me and make a grab for the pistol. He wasn't as slick as he thought he was and I dunno who was more surprised at my response- him or the gal I was with...

Did it go something like this?

IMG_1590.jpeg

A gal I went to high school with once publicly tried to shame me by saying the same thing. She had been a victim of domestic violence and told me a gun wouldn't have helped her, it would have just got her shot. I can also see her approaching someone open carrying and complaining.

I didn't think she was all that bright back in school, either.
Isn't it ironic how "feminism" and "equality" go right out the window when it conflicts with the agenda?

They've shown how effective it can be again and again that no matter how crazy the narrative, myth or flat out lie... if they say it loud enough and often enough... people incapable of thinking for themselves will believe it.

I just find it hilarious how some women can somehow find a way to be crazily triggered by just about any benign and unrelated comment made by a man, but a female from the same woke camp flat out calls women incompetent and it doesn't seem to ruffle a single feather.

Women are the largest growing demographic of firearm owners. As new gun owners they also seem to seek out professional training more often than men do, and it's become even more common to see in the news... women using a firearm to defend themselves, their families and their homes. I have no worry about a woman being perfectly competent with a firearm. If anything... my only concern might be that women can be emotional creatures and may be a little too eager on the trigger before thinking things through.... but competence... not a worry in the world about that.🤣

If some random stranger asks why I conduct my life the way I do while in public, i.e. OCing: He's not owed a polite explanation.

The questioner is being rude.

I might in return ask: Boxers or Briefs?

And when he get's peeved with my question, perhaps the bright light of understanding may come about...

Good thing he didn't grab your carry , slam it to the ground and chant :
From the river , to the sea , you're not gonna carry around me .........
Yeah good thing. That's a good way to get ventilated with new holes. I OC on a few occasions but not often. Walking the dog or driving somewhere sketchy where I know I won't be around a lot of people.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top