JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And by that I mean the newly made ones.

M1-1945-A.jpg

Anyone have experience with these? Thanks.

Oh ... so fast! M2 Carbine ownership is a ... blast! Much fun. Part of the fun is building your own USGI M2 Carbine. With tuning they run 110%.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws and NFA and BATFE rules and regulations apply. If you jump through the hoops 100% legal to own and use.

Oh ... so fast! M2 Carbine ownership is a ... blast! Much fun. Part of the fun is building your own USGI M2 Carbine. With tuning they run 110%.

All Oregon State Laws, US Code Laws and NFA and BATFE rules and regulations apply. If you jump through the hoops 100% legal to own and use.

Oh well.........at least we can still watch the youtubes here in Washington.......

And by that I mean the newly made ones.

View attachment 733825

Anyone have experience with these? Thanks.

Why I'm glad you asked! Seeing as no one else has direct experience with one but certainly have opinions on a question you did not ask, I'll chip in.

Mine has been flawless through 500 rounds, or so. I purchased around 800 rounds of Armscor when I got the rifle. There were some supposed problems with peening? I believe, early on. Reportedly that issue is quite well in the past.

I got mine at Kieth's in Gresham. I'm gonna say, mid 2016. Paid just over a K for it, if I remember right. I don't care for the finish on the metal. It's a dry, black/grayish. Not sure, is it "black oxide? Phosphate? One thing I'll tell you is I believe that you will want a real GI version, down the line, after you get the new Inland and play with it for awhile. Holding a REAL one in your hands is magic after you fondled and shot the new Inland. And I don't know what feed lips being in/on the gun mean. The mags have feed lips just like any other mag. Purportedly the new Inland's parts will exchange with the real thing.

Stay away from Auto Ordnance MI carbines.

Wish you were up in this neck of the woods. We'd get together and I'd let you fondle/fire it some.

Last Edited:
I'm in the market for an M1 carbine myself.
What is an I.O. Carbine?
Since Auto Ordnance carbines are now in the $1000 range and hard to find, what's a good brand to look for in the surplus world? And can a fella get a decent one for around $1200?

Why I'm glad you asked! Seeing as no one else has direct experience with one but certainly have opinions on a question you did not ask, I'll chip in.

Mine has been flawless through 500 rounds, or so. I purchased around 800 rounds of Armscor when I got the rifle. There were some supposed problems with peening? I believe, early on. Reportedly that issue is quite well in the past.

Thanks for the feedback; much appreciated. :)

I ordered from Royal Tiger Imports and I think they are owned by I.O. They are the only dealer who recently imported Carbines. I am happy with the USGI Inland I received and it was pretty dirty when I got it. Link ==> Royal Tiger.

OR just Post in the WTB rifle section here and see if anyone has one to sell. At least you can see it first hand before making the purchase.

What is an I.O. Carbine?
Since Auto Ordnance carbines are now in the $1000 range and hard to find, what's a good brand to look for in the surplus world? And can a fella get a decent one for around $1200?

Oops. I meant Auto Ordnance.:oops:

I ordered from Royal Tiger Imports and I think they are owned by I.O. They are the only dealer who recently imported Carbines. I am happy with the USGI Inland I received and it was pretty dirty when I got it. Link ==> Royal Tiger.

OR just Post in the WTB rifle section here and see if anyone has one to sell. At least you can see it first hand before making the purchase.

Was that you that posted your experience with Royal Tiger, here at NWFA? With the .30 carbine? If not I read of some experiences that were rather lousy for some. Real pieces of carp. I think it was them that DON'T consider barrel condition in their rating of the gun? So a 75% rated gun could have a barrel that was unusable. And had to be replaced.

Was that you that posted your experience with Royal Tiger, here at NWFA? With the .30 carbine? If not I read of some experiences that were rather lousy for some. Real pieces of carp. I think it was them that DON'T consider barrel condition in their rating of the gun? So a 75% rated gun could have a barrel that was unusable. And had to be replaced.
I have heard their grading isn't very accurate and this is the first I am hearing of someone having an issue with their barrel. I've been reading responses via the CMP forums and see people buying multiple carbines where others say to stay away. If I had the money I would buy again, but they are on the top end of the price range for sure.

What is an I.O. Carbine?

I meant Auto Ordnance. There were some real issues with those. The Inlands had said their parts were interchangeably with originals.

It doesn't really matter what make, they were all made to demanding tolerances, so parts interchange. As a matter of fact, you don't often see unmolested original, all parts matching same manufacturer. There are some but those will most likely be near/over $2,000.00. Most of the ones you'll find for a shooter, with your budget, will be a mix of parts. When those .30 carbines went to the arsenal they pulled them all down and stacked like parts in piles. After inspecting the parts the guns were assembled from the piles. Or something along those lines.

I have heard their grading isn't very accurate and this is the first I am hearing of someone having an issue with their barrel. I've been reading responses via the CMP forums and see people buying multiple carbines where others say to stay away. If I had the money I would buy again, but they are on the top end of the price range for sure.

It must have been on gunboards.com then.

Dirty is GOOD! shot out, rusty, corroded and useless barrel, BAD!

Last Edited:
My little experience with Auto-Ordnance was really bad; complete and utter garbage. I wouldn't accept one for free at this juncture.

I remember learning about the Tiger Imports some time back, I vaguely recall on Forgotten Weapons. At just under a G it is tempting to roll the dice. However, all the pictures I've seen on the Intratubes of those that people bought were really ratty. I mean never maintained, run over by a truck at one point, and then stored in a dilapidated barn for 60 years type thing. No thanks.

I've read consistently good things about the new Inlands, but I don't have direct experience with them. This week I'm headed out on a road trip to do a little hiking, catch up on reading, play some cards, maybe hit the driving range, etc. Most likely nothing gun-related, though one of the gun shops I'm planning on stopping by has an Inland for sale, so that is what piqued my interest. I'm not in any rush to buy, and am, in fact, doing more homework on an over/under. But if that particular carbine would work, why not. Or not. :s0155:

The best thing you can do is research and ask questions as you are doing now. If USGI were not available I would have probably purchased a new Inland. It's surprising that after producing over 6 million of these they don't come up for sale very often.

So folks who have an Inland commercial carbine seem to be happy with it?

But Auto-Ordnance is still less desired?

The bonus is there was a lot of Korean Surplus Ammo on the market. That was about 2 weeks ago. I was thinking of getting one of the Royal Tiger Surplus but decided to spend my money elsewhere. Priorities.
:(

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads