JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to introduce you to our latest Board member and Secretary of Trash No Land.

Please give a warm welcome to Tracy Yon! Welcome to the team, Tracy!

Tracy has that magnetic personality that you just love to get to know. She is a die-hard volunteer with Trash No Land and to our great outdoors. She loves to go shooting but ends up spending most of her time cleaning up other peoples shooting trash. Thank you Tracy!

Trash No Land About/Contact

Tracy Yon 150.jpg

You can make an impact in promoting responsible shooting sports on public lands by sponsoring the production of our information pamphlet "Target Shooting On Public Land".

This pamphlet includes common rules for shooting on State and Federal lands, Shooters Ethics, Safety tips and ideas for a better shooting experience.

Help us educate, inform and unite the recreational shooting community while we benefit our public lands! Give $25, $50, $100 or more to help get this information to shooters throughout the Northwest. We distribute all year round.

Trash No Land is a 501(c)3 Charitable organization.

Thank you!

Bill Cogley
CEO/President
#SterardshipInRecreationalShooting, #StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand, #CleanUpToShoot!

Shooting Brochure

View attachment 638144 View attachment 638145

View attachment 638146
Sad to report, but not much support for this flyer plan so far. I had hopes we'd be doing a lot better by now.

Perhaps it's the time of year or that not many view this thread? Or perhaps most folks don't see the need for presenting education and information to the public? I disagree with the last part because the first thing I always hear people say is "we need more education and information!". I don't think it's the content or presentation, as I've poured over this information many many times and am quite happy with it's layout, content and presentation. Forest officials, law enforcement and priviate individuals like the flyer as well.

I'll keep at it and hope to raise the funds to make it happen sometime in 2020. I really feel it's important to get this message out to all shooters. If there were a grant available to do this, I'd get on that right away, but so far, I haven't found any grants that would accommodate this kind of effort. Perhaps there is a business that would sponsor a significant part of it?

What else is out there that is so comprehensive to what we're doing? Nothing that I've found! I really believe this is the message we need to send and we need to send it NW wide!

TNL 2020 Flyer Program

Thanks,

Bill

Maybe try Cabelas and big outdoor stores for donation or if they won't do that maybe they can print them for you for free to reduce cost? They might like to be listed on it as a supporter? Ammo companies maybe?

Maybe other sportsman's groups including sports fishing, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever, rocky mtn elk foundation, etc might chip in? Just thinking out loud...

Maybe try Cabelas and big outdoor stores for donation or if they won't do that maybe they can print them for you for free to reduce cost? They might like to be listed on it as a supporter? Ammo companies maybe?

Maybe other sportsman's groups including sports fishing, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever, rocky mtn elk foundation, etc might chip in? Just thinking out loud...
On the Cabela's note... Since they changed ownership to Bass Pro Shops, I haven't had any success with them. I submitted a request for a grant for this, however, only received a note that said they have received my request... nothing ever since (that was back in early 2019). They have not donated any items to our cleanup events, like they used to, and I haven't received any communications from them. I'm not so thrilled with Cabela's lately! Not like it was when Asha Aiello was there! She was awesome for Trash No Land & NW Firearms! They've had a couple other PR reps in there since then but not near the help and support that Asha gave. Perhaps I should revisit them to see who's in charge now.

I'll start turning to other vendors for their support soon. Just thought it would be best if the shooting community would be the primary sponsors of such an effort.

I appreciate the input, @ilikegunspdx !

Up it $100 thanks to a guy named Cody from our Facebook page. Not sure if he's on NWFA or not, but thanks!

Had another interesting comment too. Someone posted "Don't send to this crap". I couldn't resist replying so I asked why not and if he has a better idea. We'll see if he responds. We rarely get negative posts but when we do, I try to be polite yet try to draw out the reason. Usually it turns out for the better or I find out they're a lefty with an attitude. I don't think that's the case with this guy, as he appears to be a good ol boy from Prineville (as deducted from his FB page).

Last time my daughter and I went to Capitol Forest to shoot, we came across 20 or so deer skeletons.
Along with metal buckets that had inards in in them.
We collected the cans and took them to the dump.
The bones made good targets.

Last time my daughter and I went to Capitol Forest to shoot, we came across 20 or so deer skeletons.
Along with metal buckets that had inards in in them.
We collected the cans and took them to the dump.
The bones made good targets.
I've heard the DOT dumps road kill in the forest often. I see it in Yacolt Burn SF and in Mt Hood NF. If there are several in one location, that could be what's going on.

Who uses onXmaps Hunt in public land target shooting?

I recently purchased the Elite membership that gets me all 50 states, even though I will only use OR & WA 99% of the time. Being a nonprofit, they gave me a great discount, so I couldn't pass it up. They also offered to donate some memberships to Trash No Land. I'll put some up for free raffles at our cleanups and perhaps offer some at a fundraiser or two.

I can easily see if I'm on public or private land. I put on the Trails layer and can see how close the trails are to where I'm shooting, or thinking of shooting. I can mark places to shoot for quick reference and add photos to that spot. I can map distances/yardage and notes to specific way-points on my map.

Some folks use an onX chip in their GPS unit, however, I like the cell phone app for the bigger screen and convenience of just having one device that's always with me anyway.

As for no phone service in the forest, I save a map of the forest before going out. When I get there, I switch the phone to Airplane mode and call up my saved map and go Offline. GPS tracks me everywhere I go and I see all the data I need.

It is really a great app for target shooting. With the addition of Trails, current and past wildfires, and more, it's not just for hunting anymore. With their Premium subscription at $30/yr for 1 state or the Elite package $99/yr for 50 states, it's a great tool for recreational shooting.

Let me know if and how you use it.

Who uses onXmaps Hunt in public land target shooting?

I recently purchased the Elite membership that gets me all 50 states, even though I will only use OR & WA 99% of the time. Being a nonprofit, they gave me a great discount, so I couldn't pass it up. They also offered to donate some memberships to Trash No Land. I'll put some up for free raffles at our cleanups and perhaps offer some at a fundraiser or two.

I can easily see if I'm on public or private land. I put on the Trails layer and can see how close the trails are to where I'm shooting, or thinking of shooting. I can mark places to shoot for quick reference and add photos to that spot. I can map distances/yardage and notes to specific way-points on my map.

Some folks use an onX chip in their GPS unit, however, I like the cell phone app for the bigger screen and convenience of just having one device that's always with me anyway.

As for no phone service in the forest, I save a map of the forest before going out. When I get there, I switch the phone to Airplane mode and call up my saved map and go Offline. GPS tracks me everywhere I go and I see all the data I need.

It is really a great app for target shooting. With the addition of Trails, current and past wildfires, and more, it's not just for hunting anymore. With their Premium subscription at $30/yr for 1 state or the Elite package $99/yr for 50 states, it's a great tool for recreational shooting.

Let me know if and how you use it.

Cogs,

I use it quite a bit around Oregon. Though - I got it in the rainy season, so it's mostly just been for checking land ownership out of curiosity rather than necessity. I did use it to scout out some areas that looked interesting around North Fork, but, my little car can't do much up there with the current road conditions so I haven't been up there.

Cogs,

I use it quite a bit around Oregon. Though - I got it in the rainy season, so it's mostly just been for checking land ownership out of curiosity rather than necessity. I did use it to scout out some areas that looked interesting around North Fork, but, my little car can't do much up there with the current road conditions so I haven't been up there.
Ha! I do a lot of that 'checking property ownership' thing too. Just to see who's my neighbors!

Actually, after going out shooting and cleanups in the last 6 years, in multiple forests, I like to set markers at those places and easily find them again sometime.

A cleanup is scheduled for Feb 22nd at North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes in Tillamook State Forest. It's a simple "get er done" type where we'll clean up all 4 lanes as quickly as we can and then claim lane 3 for the "After Party". No thrills or frills, but I'll provide a BBQ Hot Dog lunch (you may want to bring a side dish of what every you'd like to round off the lunch part). We'll haul the trash to a nearby campground, where we have authorization to use the dumpsters there.

So, sign up and join us if you can! The more volunteers we have, the sooner we can get to shooting!

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!

TEMP LANE CLOSURES!!!
YAY! We get our road fixed!!!

Ore Dept of Forestry Road Crew is planning to do some road improvement work on the access road to the North Fork Wolf Creek Target Shooting Lanes starting Monday March 2nd. Work will include:

· Roadside brushing to improve visibility.

· Grading and gravel surfacing work to improve the road surface.

· Road widening in places to create turnouts so two way traffic will be able to pass more safely.

· Improvements to the road at the junction with North Fork Wolf Creek Road to more safely accommodate traffic turning right from the spur road onto North Fork Wolf Creek Road.

The work will take place March 2nd through March 5th and March 9 through March 12th. The lanes will be closed to target shooting on these days, all hours.

The lanes will be open to use March 6th through March 8th and will reopen after the work is complete on March 12th.

Trash No Land March Member Giveaway 2020
Membership Page

Time for our annual March Member Giveaway! There's still time to get in on it!

Each year, we randomly select 1 member, from each of our qualifying supporting membership levels, to receive a special bonus gift of appreciation. The qualifying membership levels are Ambassador, Protector and Knight levels. Those who have signed up for one of these supporting levels in 2019, and from January through March 29th 2020, will qualify to be selected to receive a bonus gift for that level.

Selection will be held on Tuesday, March 31st 2020. You only need to be a supporting member in one of these qualifying levels to be selected.

Deadline to sigh-up for a qualifying membership support level is Sunday, March 29th, 2020.

One member, from each membership level, will be selected for the gifts listed below. Shipping or delivery included to Oregon or Washington.

This year's bonus gifts are:

Ambassador Level:

1 HatPoint Target Stand.
HatPoint Target Stand 600.jpg
Includes stand and 2 durable white polymer target mounting uprights. A tough polymer target stand that is easy to use, lightweight, stackable, portable and "Made in the USA". Donated by HatPoint Targets.

Protector Level:

1 Glock Survival Knife.
2019 Raffle Glock Knife 600.jpg
Donated by a private individual. This knife is new in Sheath (no box). Equipped with a sturdy saw at the back of the blade and a polymer sheath.
-AND-

1 HatPoint Target Stand.
As described above, but without the 2 polymer uprights.

Knight Level:

1 Coffee-Bullets-n-Beer.
Coffee Bullets N Beer 600.jpg
Donated by Sporting Systems, Vancouver, WA. Includes 1 bag of Black Rifle Coffee, 300 rounds of 9 MM 124 grain Rainer HP bullets by Minuteman Ammunition and a 50 Caliber BMG Bullet Pint Glass by Lucky Shot. Shoot, we'll even throw in a Sporting Systems hat!
-AND-

1 'HomeFront' Hunting Knife.

CRKT Homefront knife 600.jpg
This premium knife, designed by Ken Onion. Is made and donated by Columbia River Knife & Tool!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are currently a supporting member registered as an Ambassador, Protector or Knight, you are automatically entered. Each new member will still receive our regular appreciation items, as listed on this membership page below, and will also be entered for this extra bonus gift (must be registered as Ambassador, Protector or Knight by the end of March 29th, 2020).

Thank you for supporting our efforts to promote responsible target shooting on public lands. We work for, and with, you, (without compensation), to provide education & information materials, sponsor cleanups, promote responsible shooting, encourage stewardship in our great outdoors, and work at improving public safety, personal safety and fire prevention in the recreational shooting sports. We work to save our places to shoot!

Support at any level you can. We really appreciate it!
Membership Page

Thank you to our supporting vendors: HatPoint Targets, Sporting Systems and CRKT Columbia River Knife & Tool.

Last Edited:
Washington State Dept of Natural Resources has cancelled the Pick Up The Burn event in the Yacolt Burn State Forest that was scheduled for April 25th. (That's the big one where all the Rec groups join up to clean the whole forest in one day). Might do it later in the year.

Mt Hood Nat Forest main and field offices are closed to walk in traffic but staff is still there handling phone calls and doing in-house business.

Trash No Land is not scheduling any cleanups till this blows over. (Instead, we'll be busy with shooting lane improvements in the Santiam State Forest, NF Wolf Creek Rd Lanes 1 & 4, planning for a lane improvement in the Gilchrist State Forest and meeting with WA DNR about doing lane improvements).

The good new is the FOREST IS STILL OPEN!!! Probably one of the very few places you can go to find some relief from the mayhem and be in a virus free environment.

So when you go out to do some shooting, perhaps you could bag up a few bags of trash. Or maybe just go out to do some trash hunting. Take the fam and make it a day of doing some good. Post up some pics and what forest you went to, and I'll let the forest agency know you were there. They need to know we are still out there doing something because we value recreational target shooting. It's how we keep it open.

More to come, about committing 'Random Acts of Cleanups' soon. Perhaps we can make a difference, even without group events!

Peace, Love and Gunpowder,

Bill.

So... with Oregon and Washington ordering a Stay Home order, does that mean no Target Shooting on Public Lands? There has been a huge increase in gun and ammo sales lately, and that means a big need to go practice shooting. There is also the fact that a lot of shooting ranges have closed down, so, that means more use on public lands.

So, are you prepared already or do you need more range time to be ready?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top