JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trash No Land

Trash No Land Home

Cover FB 2.jpg

About Us
Saving and improving places to shoot on Public Lands.

Trash No Land is a Washington-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to making a positive difference in recreational target shooting, toward the critical goal of protecting and preserving our public lands.

Education and awareness of rules, ethics, stewardship and safety are the foundations of our mission. We promote awareness and seek solutions surrounding responsible shooting on public lands through our website and social media, at special events and sporting goods stores, and from printed information, photos, and videos. We lead clean-ups at shooting sites in the forests of Washington and Oregon, assist forest management agencies in the development of quality shooting lanes and enhance our message through extensive volunteer efforts to keep these lands clean and safe.

We are an all volunteer organization. No members or staff receive any compensation.

Northwest Firearms members are a big part of our Trash No Land community. It's where we got our start and where the majority of our support comes from. We work for you, for free, because we believe in this cause and we are dedicated to making a positive difference in how our public lands are being treated. We strive to keep good public land places open to shooting, while working to restore the good name of sportsmanship and we diligently promote responsible shooting on our public lands.

'Watch' this thread for information you need about shooting on public lands. I will be posting all kinds of stuff that are of interest to both casual and daily users of public lands for target practice.

Join our organization, as a supporting member, to help keep places to shoot open for us and our future generations.
http://trashnoland.org/membershipindividual.html

Trash in the forest is not cool! No one wants to recreate in a pile of trash. Let's help clean it up and improve our image as responsible shooters on public lands!

Bill Cogley
President/CEO, Trash No Land

@WrenchNguns Board of Directors

@Rem700..300 Board of Directors

@Kristina Board of Directors

@citizen a Board of Directors

@Reno former Vice President

In other words... If you brought it in, take it out!
Help save and improve recreational target shooting on public lands.
#StewardshipKeepsItOpen!

Bear in the woods.jpg

This weekend, do something for National Public Lands Day! Sept 28th, 2019!
Take a pic, Post it here and your other social media. Post it to the Trash No Land Facebook post!
Tag with #NationalPublicLandsDay & #trashnoland,
Note what state & forest you were in,
Extra credit for cleaning up a target shooting site!
More credit for creativity!
Have fun and enjoy!

#trashnoland 1 1200 NPLDay.jpg

Thanks for the pic @DirectDrive ! You clean up real well!

Last Edited:
This weekend, do something for National Public Lands Day! Sept 28th, 2019!
Take a pic, Post it here and your other social media. Post it to the Trash No Land Facebook post!
Tag with #NationalPublicLandsDay & #trashnoland,
Note what state & forest you were in,
Extra credit for cleaning up a target shooting site!
More credit for creativity!
Have fun and enjoy!

View attachment 619284

Thanks for the pic @DirectDrive ! You clean up real well!
I have that gut worked off now.

:)

I often visit the Yacolt Burn State Forest to meet~n~greet shooters in the field and evaluate the level of trash at shooting sites. Today, I was somewhat pleased with the low level of trash at most shooting sites, however, even a small amount of trash is not acceptable in the forest.

I handed out several brochures of information for shooting on public lands and we chatted about promoting responsible shooting. Sometimes, I'll pop off a few rounds and other times I'll just cruise and visit, like today.

I saw folks who were doing it right, by using legal targets, a good high earth backstop and handling their firearms safely, however, I saw several who didn't seem to have a clue as to what public and personal safety was all about. I even got a couple of 'muzzle sweeps' at one place and quickly left the area because I felt unsafe with the way he was handling his firearm.
I stopped to inform 2 different shooters that their shooting was highly illegal and unsafe. I told them they needed to stop shooting there and move to a safe/legal place just down the road. One was because of no backstop, with a wide open valley behind their targets (with trails and who know what else beyond), and the other was because it was posted as a no shooting zone (there's a reason for it being posted No Shooting Zone).

I am not the type that comes down hard on people, because I have an understanding that the rules for public land shooting are not well know, nor easily found on the internet. But when I see a serious situation, I will let them know and tactfully reason my concerns with them. Luckily, they are receptive to my corrective intervention and now have a better understanding of the reasons for the need to be responsible when shooting on public lands.

All said and done, it was a gorgeous day in the forest today and it was nice to see some improvement at shooting sites.
Please think ahead about where you will shoot, what you will shoot, how you will remove your trash & spent casings and be sure that no rounds will leave the range.

Thanks all,
Bill

Bill DNR Sign Mt Hood 1200.jpg

Let's all give Gunderson Les Schwab Tire Center a big round of applause! They offered to receive and recycle 23 tires I found in the Yacolt Burn State Forest!

I saw the dumped tires on Sunday, called Rich at Gunderson Les Schwab on Monday morning and he did not hesitate to say YES, BRING THEM IN! I really appreciate that!

So I jumped in the truck after work and went to get them.

Special thanks to who ever stacked those tires and picked up the trash around them! It made the mission much easier for me!

Please stop by
Gunderson Les Schwab at
2375 SE 8th Ave in Camas, WA.
to say a big THANK YOU for their contribution to quality recreation in the Burn!

As Trash No Land hosts cleanups in forests throughout the Northwest, I know I can count on a Les Schwab Tire Center in a nearby community to be there if we need them. Thank you!

10-6-19 Tire Dump Yacolt Burn Forest.jpg

10-6-19 Tire Dump Yacolt Burn Forest 2.jpg

10-6-19 Tire Dump Yacolt Burn Forest 3.jpg

10-6-19 Tire Dump Yacolt Burn Forest 4.jpg

(Maybe I should get a bigger truck, eh?!!!)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top