JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well my grandson has decided we need (meaning Grandpa should buy) an S&W MP 15-22.
He's a good kid and I enjoy having him as a shooting buddy, soooo, guess what Grandpa is in the market for. :)

Also, thinking of maybe a scope for it so looking for suggestions. I'm generally a handgun, shotgun guy so my rifle experience is very limited, to say the least.

Currently looking at two scopes: Tasco PH39X32D and the Barska 3-9X32 Plinker. We are almost exclusively target shooters. These seem to be budget priced (right up my alley) and yet both have good reviews on-line.
Budget would ideally be under $100.

Any comments or suggestions on these two scopes or any others I should be considering???
All help greatly appreciated.

I just listed a great scope in the classifieds that would work well for you. ;)

Regardless, I would honestly avoid both the Tasco and Barska. Look at BSA and Bushnell for budget scopes that work.

I had a bushnell banner 1-4 on a 30/30 and it heald up fine, about 100 bucks new. I've had a couple of Cabela's brand scopes too and was impressed for the money. I just picked up one of their 2-7 scopes for my AR, on sale online for 60. They'll price match in store if you let them know.

I run a Banner on my 77/22WMR and that rifle is as accurate as they come. It will out shoot my skills and even forgive me on a bad day.

Side note, Simmons are ok depending on model. But Tasco and Barska should be avoided IMHO.

My experience with the less expensive Bushnell's has been that the crosshairs cover .22 size targets, critters and such!
Not fine reticles!
I can't speak to modern Tascos but I have a couple from, gosh, 1985-90. I like them so well that I have one on my Kimber of Oregon .22K Hornet. One of the finest firearms I own! My opinion on Tascos is/was good optics, just don't put one on something that has much recoil. Good luck finding what you need. It is very cool that you shoot with your grandson!:)

After some further research and thanks to all that imparted their wisdom here I decided to go with the Simmons 3-9X12 (Bi-Mart had one). Thanks again for all the help it is appreciated.

Haven't bought the gun yet but me thinks that tomorrow is the day. :)

I have a 15-22 with a BSA Contender scope. Its as fun as it gets!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Since I was a kid I've been around Bushnell scopes. They work. I've had recently Nikon, Bushnell Banner, Tascos and now have a fleet of Vortex on my rifles.

I wouldn't hesitate to go a Tasco or Bushnell Banner scope again.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top