JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back I posted about the disappointed discovery of a rifle scope barrel coating somehow deteriorating to a black sticky mess that wouldn't clean off with any normal solvents.

I bought it about 1995 for a T10/22. It did work fine, but over the decades came to spend more time in the quiet dark place than on the range.

A moderately priced 6-24x44AO, it was really more scope than the 22 needed but I relished using it anyway.

So after being surprised and gaining a few ideas here, I contacted Bushnell about repair.

End of story, they reported they WOULD replace it under 'factory warranty' but the exact replacement scope was on back order for another couple months.

They agreed to ship (no charge) one as near to those specs as they had on hand since I was needing replacement sooner.

Today UPS delivered a "Target Varmint" Tasco Riflescope 6-24x42 with AO and military dot reticle. A little longer than the old one, it seems like a very reasonable replacement for an item I had figured was simply lost to its aged condition.

Thank You Bushnell/Tasco.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews