JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aimpoints are great, but don't expect to get them fixed for free if you buy one used. I did about 12 years ago, but you know the $80 they charged me to put that used sight back in working order was well worth it as I'm still using it! A couple buddies of mine swear by the Eotechs, I don't have one so can't speak from a personal standpoint on them. Really like the smaller Burris fastfires too, but only you can decide if they are good enough for use as your primary sighting device. Tactical C-mores are good bets too but the sighting adjustments are not easy to deal with in the field. Have some small lock screws which first have to be loosed before you can then adjust the elev and wind screws. Any of these I've mentioned can be had used at pretty good prices - just have to find them on NW Firearms or the other xxxxlist. Don't pass up having BUIS! Don't know what you intend on using your rifle for but my back ups saved my butt on two occasions.

My friend has a 'sightless' carbine he uses for interior defense (max 28 feet) that he now wants to plant some illuminated sights on that will work out to 300 yards, any hints/pointers/recommendations to a poor guy with more bills than income?

Well I'm pretty set on the aimpoint for my ar, and I'm in the process of aquiring one, but I still need another red dot for the other ar I want to build. That one is more than likely going to be one of your guy's suggestions. My wallet can't handle two aimpoints.;) I'm leaning towards a fastfire 3 but I'm open to more suggestions. If you guys come across any links to good deals on new or used ones just post them up. Someone on this board had a nice one with a mount but I'm going to have to go through the threads to try and locate it again.

Meh, if you're into considering a prism scope for the next build I cannot recommend the Vortex Spitfire enough for a budget optic. I'm using the 3x one (until I can afford an Elcan), and I've dropped it quite a few times without it losing zero. No scratch on it yet, but sooner or later it'll get there.

If you don't want any magnification, there's a 1x. A prism scope has a few advantages over a red dot. One being etched glass. Another being that even without a battery, or if your battery dies, you still have a reticle to use.

If she's specifically looking for a holographic sight then you're stuck with an Eotech. Otheriwise Aimpoint. Or any other budget red dot until you can get an Aimpoint.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads