JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure, smack a kid cause they are a spoiled little brat because you dont have the sense to ignore them. Excellent plan. You can contemplate your misdeeds on the tree of woe in jail. Do it my kid (and yes, they are hair pulling annoying at times) and I'll claim you tried to stick your hand down their pants too, just to add child molestation to the assault charge.

Thats like justifying rape cause she wasn't wearing a burka.

the kid got what he deserved, the old man got what he deserved.

i can guarantee you i'd take action in this situation, too. i would NOT freaken backhand the kid- i have a hopefully long life ahead of me, and i'd like to roam it free of the chains of a criminal record. but at the very least i'd snatch his punk-*** phone from his punk-*** hands and only give it back once it was safe to use electronic equipment again. is a phone likely to bring down a plane? no... but am i "likely" to be hurtling through the air at 600mph? NO- so the way i see it, we're already in unlikely circumstances to begin with- i'm not adding variables to that.

i guess we can throw it into the one-more-reason-i-dont-fly file.

Sure, smack a kid cause they are a spoiled little brat because you dont have the sense to ignore them. Excellent plan. You can contemplate your misdeeds on the tree of woe in jail. Do it my kid (and yes, they are hair pulling annoying at times) and I'll claim you tried to stick your hand down their pants too, just to add child molestation to the assault charge.

Thats like justifying rape cause she wasn't wearing a burka.
Standing up for you kids is one matter moose, lying about it to justify your issue is another entirely. You ever wonder why some kids turn out the way they do?

Not at all. Some turn into people that think they have the right to assault others, because, like, they're annoying.

Agreed Moose, yet deceiving others with a lie, whether your angry, or just feeling a vengeful need and getting even is still wrong. I can agree with you that if someone smacked my son, I'd be plenty angry, Im sure I would do the neanderthal thing and regrettably let loose the part of me that stays deeply hidden, but then again, that's in defence of loved ones, my family. But in reality Moose my son wouldn't have behaved that way in the first place, due to the fact that he was raised to respect others and the rules of the road since childhood. There were penalties otherwise. The issue as I see it was caused by a sever lack of respect and restraint from both parties involved. But I could be wrong Moose, it wouldn't be the first time.

To take it another direction;

The idea of personal electronics being able to disrupt flight controls, medical equipment, and cause your fuel pump to blow up Keanu Reeves has been dis-proven. A group of scientists in Canadia took a CD player, ipod, iphone, samsung phone, laptop, and bluetooth headset and ran a battery of tests. The only thing that happened was that the CD player's oscillations caused a heart monitor's...uh...monitor to vibrate a bit, but there was no variance of output or reception.

But the kid should have been made to finish the trip hanging onto the wing. Follow the rules or walk the rest of the way I'd say.

I just flew today from PDX to DEN. The preflight comments regarding cell phones, etc should be this simple: We aren't taxing until everything is off like we asked. If you decide this rule doesn't apply to you now then we will make sure the police inform you of your rights when the plane lands at our destination."

WOW I remember being kicked in the arse so hard I ended up 10 feet away from where my 11 year old *** started out just because I was annoying the old boy that owned the chainsaw shop down the road one day. Got home told dad and he chewed me out for bothering Oliver when he was working.

I can remember 6-7 different adults wacking me around when I got out of line as a kid. Not to mention every teacher I had from 1st grade to 8th grade leaving welts all over my rear end.

Kids now are little jerks and need a good wack up side the head. I drove school bus K-12 for 5 years there are kids now days that are so far past what is right you wouldn't believe it.

I just flew today from PDX to DEN. The preflight comments regarding cell phones, etc should be this simple: We aren't taxing until everything is off like we asked. If you decide this rule doesn't apply to you now then we will make sure the police inform you of your rights when the plane lands at our destination."

Ridiculous.

WOW I remember being kicked in the arse so hard I ended up 10 feet away from where my 11 year old *** started out just because I was annoying the old boy that owned the chainsaw shop down the road one day. Got home told dad and he chewed me out for bothering Oliver when he was working.

I can remember 6-7 different adults wacking me around when I got out of line as a kid. Not to mention every teacher I had from 1st grade to 8th grade leaving welts all over my rear end.

Kids now are little jerks and need a good wack up side the head. I drove school bus K-12 for 5 years there are kids now days that are so far past what is right you wouldn't believe it.

well times change, grampy. you can't just go around whacking other peoples' kids. i think i'd probably go ape-bubblegum if some stranger struck one of my boys.. it'd be nice to live in the type of society where values are standardized enough to allow for it, but that's just NOT our society now- and probably never has been, in dense urban areas.

communal raising of children is done via media channels only. no real people allowed.

well times change, grampy. you can't just go around whacking other peoples' kids. i think i'd probably go ape-bubblegum if some stranger struck one of my boys.. it'd be nice to live in the type of society where values are standardized enough to allow for it, but that's just NOT our society now- and probably never has been, in dense urban areas.

communal raising of children is done via media channels only. no real people allowed.

Yes they do and now as a result of times changing how many are worried this is something a kin to end of days? Change is not all it's cracked up to be little boy (you started it with your grampy comment)

This should have been handled differently, the old man shouldn't have had to smacked the kid, the airline should have dealt with the kid after the old man informed them of the problem. To go back even further the kids parents should have raised the kid with more respect which is handled by spanking when they are young and learning respect. No kid should ever be hit outside of a spanking on the bottom even by a parent though.

I am a parent that would spank my kids under certain guidelines and at let my kids know what those guidelines are up front and was consistent in administering these punishment, because of this I probably didn't have to give the kids more than 5 good spanking through out their whole childhood.

I see these parents with out of control kids in the stores all the time and just know they are anti spanking and they have the demonic kids to prove it.

Weather the phone can case a problem or not is not the issue here. The issue is the improper (but popular) way the elder handled the punk. And the attitude of people that rules dont apply to them.
There are plenty of rules that suck, but if breaking them causes inconvenience or distraction to others why not adhere? Is it so difficult to shut off what is essentially a video game for a few minutes if it makes your fellow passengers more comfortable?

This should have been handled differently, the old man shouldn't have had to smacked the kid, the airline should have dealt with the kid after the old man informed them of the problem. To go back even further the kids parents should have raised the kid with more respect which is handled by spanking when they are young and learning respect. No kid should ever be hit outside of a spanking on the bottom even by a parent though.

I am a parent that would spank my kids under certain guidelines and at let my kids know what those guidelines are up front and was consistent in administering these punishment, because of this I probably didn't have to give the kids more than 5 good spanking through out their whole childhood.

I see these parents with out of control kids in the stores all the time and just know they are anti spanking and they have the demonic kids to prove it.
IM SHOCKED TO THE CORE Trlsmn, do you mean Im not the only one who believes in this? All four were national honor role students. One High School principal asked me how we did it, My answer was simple, adjust the punishment to fit the bad deed. If a spanking was in order it was administered with an explanation, when accolades were due, they were also applied. One EOD/electrician tech, one physicians assistant, one lineman and one full time mom, three with children of their own to raise with the values instilled upon them as children. If I had to change a thing, would I? Nope.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top