JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
rain or shine ill be fishing today if you want to join me ill be thier with a buddy around noon until around 4pm. look for me ill be the only one probly wearing a black hat and acu pants ill update when i get back

so after fishing their for 4 hours, im not impressed not a bite. I trout fish alot i love benson cuz i pretty much always get one. I think i will stick to benson lake from now on lol. a bit of people down their not many people catching alot of fishing though if you go to mt hood pond i wish you luck

nope regs now are open for all closed summer months to kids and disabled vets called yesterday to double check

Mt. Hood Pond (Multnomah Co.) • Angling restricted to youths age 17 and under or holders of one of the Disabled Anglers
permits from April 1-Aug. 31.
its on page 53 i think in the book

use a small bobber (about size of a quarter or less - so no drag), about 12-18" of leader off the bobber, small hooks, and Pautzke red eggs - fish down by where the water drains out of the pond. stay on the side nearest the path that goes up across to the ball fields. cast out about 8-10 ft from shore.

we limited in 30 min. - BUT, who's to say that wasn't a day or so after they stocked it?

most were all in the 8-9" range, but the one was about 14".

another 'close' option is Trillium - if you get up there right after the ice-off, the fish are VERY hungry, and there are normally lots of left over brooders patrolling the edges, where the ice has melted away.

you might have to snow-shoe or ATV in, but it can be worth it, too.

Benson is fun, but gets fished out pretty fast.

Blue Lake out in troutdale is pretty decent at times, again - before everyone and their bro-and-sis start having their company picnics. Get out there like this month and early march and you have the lake to yourself. fish down around the fishing doc, and if you have some, throw some jigs around the lilly-pads. there are some DECENT sized largemouth bass in there. Also around the fishing doc, with smaller jigs or bits of worm, you can bring home BUCKETS of blue gill and perch.

yeah, you really want to try it BEFORE the summer. also, try the ponds over on Glisan. there are two of them, right down the road from the dog track, on the north side of Glisan. again, get to those early in the year - before all the low-lifes get in there. I think they are called the Salish ponds?

Salish Ponds on Glisan

??? when did they do that? you tell I haven't been out fishing lately

seems like my nephew was telling me that he fished there last fall. I'll have to ask him about that.

Sorry for any bad info.:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR