JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I used to be a daily reader of Drudge, but no longer. After what seems like several years of dishonest and misleading and generally provoking article headlines, I'm over it.

The last straw was today. I'm calling it quits over the plague of dishonest clickbait titles that don't accurately reflect articles. Today's example:

"Atlanta Police Fatally Shoot Black Man in Back at WENDY'S Drive-Thru..."

That is totally and dangerously inaccurate, and can only be meant to rile up emotions. According to the linked news article, a suspected drunk driver (race being irrelevant) who fell asleep at a drive thru was reported to police. Police showed up and attempted to arrest him. He violently fought and resisted arrest, assaulting police officers, and then attempted to flee. At that point, he becomes a violent fleeing felon.

It's barely newsworthy. However, a more accurate title might be: "Police unsuccessfully taze, then shoot, violent fleeing felon after resisting DUI arrest."

His race is irrelevant, and he wasn't really "shot in the back at the drive thru." That is totally misleading and disingenuous.

This has been ongoing for years now. VERY misleading headlines that rile emotions. I've clicked on so many only to find the article either extremely different than the headline, or behind a paywall but I find information later that proves the misleading headline. Drudge is not only not helping the national dialogue, but actively contributing to the problem. I'm tired of it, and I'm done with Drudge.

I believe Matt Drudge sold 2-3 years ago, current owner is just cashing out on his name. Sadly it seems all MSM have elected for profit over truth.

They are ALL miss leading. Headlines to grab the gullible, and important facts left out to shock readers/listeners/watchers.

Is he black? Was he shot in the back at wendy's by police?

Sounds accurate to me.

Nevermind the aggravating details that certainly explain and probably justify the situation. Not going to derail this with that particular event, but there headline is materially misleading. Fleeing felon committed aggravated assault on top of other serious crimes and cops shot him as he tried to escape.

Drudge was bought out awhile back, most likely to a foreign based company. I have heard rumors that they are affiliated with Google and that Matt Drude signed a NDA to keep the new site owners a secret

I've noticed it going downhill the past year or so as well. The past few months, it is noticeably anti-Trump. Last time I listened to Rush a few months ago, he was defending it.

Nevermind the aggravating details that certainly explain and probably justify the situation. Not going to derail this with that particular event, but their headline is materially misleading. Fleeing felon committed aggravated assault on top of other serious crimes and cops shot him as he tried to escape.

(Edited to correct grammar.)

The underlying serious crime of being asleep in a drive through. You need to get into the heads of Black people to at least understand whats going on . I work with , hire, fire etc a whole bunch of southern blacks here in the Charlotte area . Count many as friends but some wouldnt give me the time of day because I'm white. Not all but 5% or less that feel deep down that the police arent there to help them and arent there to keep society running smoothly but they are there as agents of the state that has systematically oppressed them for centuries . They feel that down to their soul. If you are a policeman dealing with black people especially in areas like Georgia you are likely to be dealing with someone who sees you as someone who is sent there to kill him. Thats what the resisting arrest thing is all about They are in a basic instinct fight or flight mode. Yes the guy grabbed a Taser as he was fighting for his life and fighting off the arresting officer. I am sure it is fully legal to kill anyone who hits an officer, grabs the Taser then tries to run away. If an agency is willing to deal with the repercussions from the community they "serve" then keep on with that policy. .

The underlying serious crime of being asleep in a drive through. You need to get into the heads of Black people to at least understand whats going on . I work with , hire, fire etc a whole bunch of southern blacks here in the Charlotte area . Count many as friends but some wouldnt give me the time of day because I'm white. Not all but 5% or less that feel deep down that the police arent there to help them and arent there to keep society running smoothly but they are there as agents of the state that has systematically oppressed them for centuries . They feel that down to their soul. If you are a policeman dealing with black people especially in areas like Georgia you are likely to be dealing with someone who sees you as someone who is sent there to kill him. Thats what the resisting arrest thing is all about They are in a basic instinct fight or flight mode. Yes the guy grabbed a Taser as he was fighting for his life and fighting off the arresting officer. I am sure it is fully legal to kill anyone who hits an officer, grabs the Taser then tries to run away. If an agency is willing to deal with the repercussions from the community they "serve" then keep on with that policy. .
Black folks in the south are better than they are in west. They are good southern people.
Whites folks as well in the south are better people.

Black folks in the south are better than they are in west. They are good southern people.
Whites folks as well in the south are better people.

I agree. Ive lived all over the country and in Europe. Hard to find a better bunch of people than right here. Worst people , besides Southern Cal , were in Yakima WA. If I never go back there again I'll be fine.

I used to be a daily reader of Drudge, but no longer. After what seems like several years of dishonest and misleading and generally provoking article headlines, I'm over it.

The last straw was today. I'm calling it quits over the plague of dishonest clickbait titles that don't accurately reflect articles. Today's example:

"Atlanta Police Fatally Shoot Black Man in Back at WENDY'S Drive-Thru..."

That is totally and dangerously inaccurate, and can only be meant to rile up emotions. According to the linked news article, a suspected drunk driver (race being irrelevant) who fell asleep at a drive thru was reported to police. Police showed up and attempted to arrest him. He violently fought and resisted arrest, assaulting police officers, and then attempted to flee. At that point, he becomes a violent fleeing felon.

It's barely newsworthy. However, a more accurate title might be: "Police unsuccessfully taze, then shoot, violent fleeing felon after resisting DUI arrest."

His race is irrelevant, and he wasn't really "shot in the back at the drive thru." That is totally misleading and disingenuous.

This has been ongoing for years now. VERY misleading headlines that rile emotions. I've clicked on so many only to find the article either extremely different than the headline, or behind a paywall but I find information later that proves the misleading headline. Drudge is not only not helping the national dialogue, but actively contributing to the problem. I'm tired of it, and I'm done with Drudge.
In your third paragraph you call this guy a "fleeing felon". I thought one had to be convicted a felon before becoming a felon. And no, I don't have his back.

The alternative is a hands off and stand down approach with any black suspect that doesn't want to peacefully be taken in to custody. That will certainly appease the black suspects and those who sympathize with them. How will the victims feel about that hands off approach? It doesn't really matter how they feel, because these days it's all about respecting the suspect.

The alternative is a hands off and stand down approach with any black suspect that doesn't want to peacefully be taken in to custody. That will certainly appease the black suspects and those who sympathize with them. How will the victims feel about that hands off approach? It doesn't really matter how they feel, because these days it's all about respecting the suspect.
Or just put up with months of protests and rioting every time. It's a choice. The mentality of the south is that there are laws for everything and everyone ignores them and no one cares. Broken windows policing is one way to do it. It's not the only way.

Or just put up with months of protests and rioting every time. It's a choice. The mentality of the south is that there are laws for everything and everyone ignores them and no one cares. Broken windows policing is one way to do it. It's not the only way.
They should probably let voters make a choice in which direction they want the police to take.

To make it fair among races they should make the hands off/stand down approach available to all races. Basically the officers should let anyone go free who does not let the officers take them in to custody peacefully.

This will save money by reducing prison population and clean up from riots.

A quick preview of many other "news" media sites would show you that they too, repeatedly lie. I can't say why this is, only that it is a confusing, but actual fact. Companies which not long ago we all trusted. NY Times, Washington Post, CBS, NBC, etc.

Lying dishonest news reports

/v/presstitutes

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top