JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It has been about 3 weeks now since I have darkened the doors of a Starbucks. I don't think I had gone 3 days with out a Venti coffee in the last 15 years, before Starbucks had taken their stand on Firearms.

I'm taking some time off from the ubiquitous green label coffee mostly because I have so many coffee options in my area that I can be a little more picky as to the politics behind a business that I give my money to.

I don't believe open carry of a rifle into a coffee shop is appropriate in almost any situation and I am fine with a business doing what needs to be done to discourage the "open carry protest" meeting at their establishments.

Starbucks did not limit their open letter policy change to the open carry of a rifle, or "open carry protest" meetings, or even to any and all open carry. In an interview with Neil Cavuto, Howard Schultz said that even concealed carriers should respect their policy requesting No Firearms.
That went too far for me.

So, on the bright side I have been trying other coffee shops over the last 3 weeks and have found several that I like more than Starbuck (a couple that were worse) and to top it off my usual beverage order runs $3.50 at SBs and has been running $2.00-$3.00 at the other shops I've been trying out. Buying a coffee sometimes twice a day, that savings right there is nearly enough for a box of 9mm each week. Now if only I could find some

P.S. For me, taking my business elsewhere is only a temporary thing. I will one day find myself in another Starbucks wondering what the tattoo is under the massive bandage on the cashier's neck. I've never understood how that is less shocking to the customers. (Starbucks has a policy that tattoos can't be visible so baristas sometimes wear band-aids to hide their ink)

Tomorrow morning around 8AM I'll be enjoying a cup of coffee while open carrying at the Starbucks in Downtown St Johns. I have to work shortly after, but if you're nearby feel free to join and/or come by and say hi! I'll be wearing an NWFA t-shirt and carrying my Dan Wesson CCO.
Looks like were neighbors!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads