JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
cops dont treat you better because you disclose your carryinhg, they treat you better because you act respectable and understand they have a job to do...
and I think most people know that and do respect them. But there job does not require them to violate rights, no matter how mundane it appears to anyone in the present. If one is required to forgo a right at the expense of perceived courtesy then we already know it's gone too far and is well on it's way to being an expectation, then a law, then abuse. And we will only be able to blame ourselves.

If your paranoid, I can't fix that. Btw. When I lived in Oregon they treated me awesome. Cause I've been pulled over a fair amount. I drive a lot and speedy at times.
But, now in Idaho, they are nice also. You guys might find life more enjoyable if you leave the freaking Pacific Northwest. Damn libs. They don't care for Libs in Idaho....

If your paranoid, I can't fix that. Btw. When I lived in Oregon they treated me awesome. Cause I've been pulled over a fair amount. I drive a lot and speedy at times.
But, now in Idaho, they are nice also. You guys might find life more enjoyable if you leave the freaking Pacific Northwest. Damn libs. They don't care for Libs in Idaho....
to their testament, I have only been treated poorly once out of a handful of times I have been pulled over. If you look at how much our gun rights have disintegrated over the last 30 to 40 years you would know it's not paranoia. Even if we are looking at non gun rights, such as videotaping an officer. There are places where people have been prosecuted under laws for which they were not intended. A felony to tape an officer 50 yards away. How is that wrong in anyway whatsoever? Only recently has the case I'm referencing been appealed. We ought not lay down poor precedent. Would you have called Thomas Jefferson paranoid? Benjamin Franklin? We have documents and rules in place so this countries federal government, state government, and local municipalities stay in check. Once we give up, once we be apathetic, we will never get back in check without blood, without pain, with out a revolution.

Eagle

I get pulled over often, I drive a lot and so I like to make good time.

I have ALWAYS had at least 1 gun with/on me. I have always been treated the same no matter if guns came up or not. They are NOT part of the reason the LEO and I are interacting, so it should have nothing to do with it........

I have NEVER been asked to show my CPL in 17 years of having one. I have been asked if I had one on a few occasions, or even statements like "I assume you have a CPL" to which I replied yes.

Only a couple times have the LEO even asked about firearms, again they have NOTHING to do with the situation. Most times that guns have come up it had to do with the situation at hand. Reaching into my center console for registration/insurance, and my gun was in there. I first tell the LEO, then give them the option if they want me to get it or not. Once they wanted me to step out and put the tabs on my trailer and I was strong side OC. Prior to getting out I let the LEO know and they still wanted me to get out.

This "make the officer feel better/safer" thing is bull. If that is really the case do you tell the bank clerk? Checker at the store? Other people you come in contact with? I mean if your goal is to make people feel better/safer it is across the board. I mean when you tell them you have a CPL they "know you are a good guy". Getting pulled over for a traffic volition has NOTHING to do with firearms, why make it about them?

When you get pulled over do you share any other information with the LEO that has nothing to do with the situations? Do you show off your CPR/first aid card? How about a professional license? Show them pics of your kids or family?

Last Edited:
When you understand rural living, you will understand why cops like us gun guys having guns on us. They are alone a lot on the road. Lane county is a perfect example. Severely undermanned. And they are my friends. When they are in a jam, they WILL except backup from us. I have been told this several times.

I understand rural living very well, my "city" is 2 buildings that are now abandoned. The closest town is 20 miles away, is under 10,000 people and is the county seat. Many folks wear more then one hat, LEO (volunteer or paid), Fire (all volunteer), EMS (finally paid minimum wage but still run like volunteer), Rescue team (volunteer), Dive team (volunteer), EMS instructor for new EMT's (making a flat rate based on # of students but last class ended up about $6/hr). The kind where many of these folks are ones you went to school with or hung out with in your late teens/early 20's before you were "professionals"? The kind where you are either one of those people or related to a few?

That kind of understanding?

I understand rural living very well, my "city" is 2 buildings that are now abandoned. The closest town is 20 miles away, is under 10,000 people and is the county seat. Many folks wear more then one hat, LEO (volunteer or paid), Fire (all volunteer), EMS (finally paid minimum wage but still run like volunteer), Rescue team (volunteer), Dive team (volunteer), EMS instructor for new EMT's (making a flat rate based on # of students but last class ended up about $6/hr). The kind where many of these folks are ones you went to school with or hung out with in your late teens/early 20's before you were "professionals"? The kind where you are either one of those people or related to a few?

That kind of understanding?

Your thinking I'm taking a shot at you. I'm not. So settle down mod. My point is made to all that think cops treat you bad when you have a ccp..

Your thinking I'm taking a shot at you. I'm not. So settle down mod. My point is made to all that think cops treat you bad when you have a ccp..
I think that's funny. Who here said "cops treat you bad when you have a ccp?" I even said that I have only had one negative experience. That's a long shot from "cops [in general]." You can be a perfectly "nice" person and treat someone with relative "politeness" and still violate their rights intentionally, or unintentionally.

The officer that I spoke of in my story was quite polite, but that didn't help him realize the gravity of his actions. It also didn't keep him from controlling my firearm in an unsafe manner.

Eagle

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top