JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting as there were a bunch of "Ligers" a few years back ....
Pretty much my favorite animal
bb-liger.jpg

Man, did you ever get to see any of the Ligers? I've heard they are supposed to be massive.
Here is the story about them. I think we must have help ship about 40 of the wolfdogs. I think there were that number of Ligers, lions etc there also. It was a mess.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/Look-Back-At-Bannock-County-s-Ligertown/1561458

A lot of articles about them here.

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=low+or+no+salt+fish+and+meat+recipies&oq=low+or+no+salt+fish+and+meat+recipies&gs_l=serp.12...40192.69795.0.75960.37.36.0.1.1.0.274.5485.1j31j2.34.0....0...1c.1.48.serp..6.31.4844.gmrwsposvce#num=100&as_qdr=all&q=idaho+ligers+wolfdogs

Thanks Taku, I'm going to read more when I get home, right now I'm just smiling at the thought of a bunch of Ligers, lions, wolfdogs running around an Idaho town causing a ruckus.

Thanks Taku, I'm going to read more when I get home, right now I'm just smiling at the thought of a bunch of Ligers, lions, wolfdogs running around an Idaho town causing a ruckus.

They definitely caused a stir there. There were chimps, monkeys, lions, tigers ligers, cougar and damned near anything else that you can think of in Ligertown. The Sheriff there had his hands full. He was pretty sympathetic toward the wolves and wolfdogs and helped keep a bunch of them alive to be relocated to other rescue facilities around the country. The ended up having to shoot some of the ligers or big cats, 2 or 3, if I remember right. Some that got loose. We were more concentrating on the wolves and wolfdogs. I am not real fond of the big cats at all. Too damned instinctively primal and if they decide you are tasty, too damned big to fend off. You know when a wolf is displeased with you, but a big cat can go from tame to cat cujo with no warning. They should not be held by private individuals in my opinion. I like woves and wolfdogs. Spent much of my life with them. Big cats disturb me. :) We have a friend in the Sierras that has many wolves and a bobcat and a big bear. But he won't mess with the big cats either. His animals are people safe and have been in many movies, commercials, schools, and private photo ops for thousands.

I read the article and another about what happened to the couple that ran the "zoo". That sounds like something straight out of a movie.

They got off pretty lucky considering the massive damage that many loose lions and wolves could have done.

Can you imagine being the guy that started the night off by finding two on his property, taking one down and wounding another? Goes out to check his mail and BAM!! Lions all up in his face.

I read the article and another about what happened to the couple that ran the "zoo". That sounds like something straight out of a movie.

They got off pretty lucky considering the massive damage that many loose lions and wolves could have done.

Can you imagine being the guy that started the night off by finding two on his property, taking one down and wounding another? Goes out to check his mail and BAM!! Lions all up in his face.

Yeah browned his shorts a bit LOL

Perhaps, but not pudgy. :D

My kid is on that same diet you are using. He is preparing to do ultra marathons and the Big super, double Iron man races. Guess the Iron man and normal marathons are becoming too boring. He swears by that paleo diet though. Damn I wish I was in his physical condition. I was close in younger years, but not to his level.

are northwest kittys

About the weight of a Ligers head :)

Weights of Ligers
http://www.ligerworld.com/weighing-liger-vs-tiger-vs-lion.html

However, ligers in reality can reach the weight of nearly 1200 pounds.
This makes liger a huge beast. A liger easily out-weights the size of both
of its parents lion as well as tigress. Plus, even if weights of both the parents
are combined even then liger still outweights its parets.

and some other info.....don't run. its useless LOL

Speed of the LigersLigers are the biggest cat in the world?
But does this make them the fastest? or the slowest runner?
This article finds that ligers are as fast as 90 kilometers per hour.
They are even faster than tigers. Read more

Liger: The Second Fastest Carnivore in the World
Ligers are the second fastest carnivores in the world.
Ligers speed is around 80 to 90 kilometers per hour.
So far we have very few observations about ligers, and it
can be concluded that ligers speed might be greater than it.
Cheetah is the fastest carnivores in the world, with 125 Kilometers
per h Read more

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR