JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Idaho Man Using Pet Tiger To Hunt Deer
IDAHO FALLS -
Winter campers, Tom and Mellisa Elbert, received a shock when they saw a Siberian tiger chasing a deer through the woods in eastern Idaho. The young couple had snow-shoed into the Idaho side of the Teton Mountains and were sitting in their camp when the tiger ran by chasing the deer. The deer and tiger looped around twice before the tiger brought down the deer and quickly killed it with a fatal bite to the throat.
tiger_hunting-deer.jpg
Above: Siberian tiger chasing wild deer in Idaho

Next the campers claim they saw a man on a snowmobile approach the kill, set up a flood light, dress the deer and then load it up and speed away with the tiger running happily alongside.

"He was petting the tiger and talking sweetly to it in a baby voice while he was dressing the deer. The tiger was licking him," Tom Elbert said. "This tiger appeared to be his pet. Not appeared, the tiger was clearly this man's pet."

Idaho Fish & Game has received several reports of a man using a Siberian tiger to hunt deer in the area but have written them off as practical jokes same as they do bigfoot sightings. Now with the photo evidence, they have started a search and investigation.

"I have to admit this is an ingenious way to hunt," Idaho Fish & Game officer Jim Knudsen said. "But we can't have a tiger and a man out killing deer. It's a major public safety issue. We'll put a stop to this man and his tiger."

Some would think owning a Siberian tiger would be illegal, but Idaho is one of a handful of states that allow exotic animal ownership with no restrictions.

exotic-animal-ownership.jpg
Above: States shaded beige allow unrestricted exotic animal ownership

Born Free, the lobbying organization against exotic animal ownerships, released a short statement: "The situation reported in Idaho is just another reason exotic animal ownership must receive a federal ban. Tigers are wonderful animals, but they should not be running around the woods of Idaho hunting deer."

Idaho Fish & Game urges people to report any Siberian tiger sightings in Eastern Idaho and warns people not to approach the tiger if they do come into contact.

"Even though the tiger has been reported as tame," Knudsen said. "They can turn on a dime and attack and kill."

http://stuppid.com/man-idaho-tiger-hunting/

There are a few other satire websites that do a good job making a mockery of people.

Snake oil news.

Interesting as there were a bunch of "Ligers" a few years back that were in a rescue there that got taken down.
They had many wolves and wolf dogs there as well that we helped transport to other rescue facilities when the place was busted for bad conditions. There was speculation a Liger or two were released or escaped, but I doubt that happened. They were never seen loose.

Jesus thats a title.

Wow!
I dont trust wild animals no matter how well trained.. But very cool so long as it obeys.. Its just a matter of "when" it doesnt.. Some boy or man could be ripped apart with ease.. Those cats are fast.

Interesting no one has noticed the species of deer. Idaho as far as I know has two species of deer Mule Deer and White tail and that critter is neither. The antlers are more like a Red Deers antler as does the animals coat and even the distinctive laying back of the ears.

Yes I know its a hocus I knew that from the lighting in the photo and how it varied with high lighting only in the center of the frame not like all the way across as a camera flash would produce.

Interesting no one has noticed the species of deer. Idaho as far as I know has two species of deer Mule Deer and White tail and that critter is neither. The antlers are more like a Red Deers antler as does the animals coat and even the distinctive laying back of the ears.

Yes I know its a hocus I knew that from the lighting in the photo and how it varied with high lighting only in the center of the frame not like all the way across as a camera flash would produce.

That was the first thing that stuck out. And the BS about dressing out a kill from even a Semi domesticated Tiger (Misnomer) won't let even the best of handlers take it from them and happily bounce along on the way home. That was hilarious. Even a tamed cat of that type will let it go when it gets its fill of it or you and not until. I don't care how tamed you think it is. Instinct is far more powerful than any belly rub. Big cats have the strongest food motivation there is.

Interesting as there were a bunch of "Ligers" a few years back that were in a rescue there that got taken down.
They had many wolves and wolf dogs there as well that we helped transport to other rescue facilities when the place was busted for bad conditions. There was speculation a Liger or two were released or escaped, but I doubt that happened. They were never seen loose.

Man, did you ever get to see any of the Ligers? I've heard they are supposed to be massive.

It's a good thing the State Game Commission only wants Siberian tigers reported.

I was afraid I was gonna have to report all the Bengal tigers and other species of striped cats I've noticed in the PNW woods.
Whew!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads