JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey There,

* I am not in any way connected to our new supporting vendor, ICE ARMS.

Recently I purchased an ICE ARMS Nickel Boron Bolt Carrier Group for $160 with free shipping:

ICE Arms EXO NiB .223/5.56 AR/M16 Bolt Carrier Group

Here's my take:

1. Affordable price, especially given Nickel Boron!
2. Built with the feel of strength and quality, compared to other BCG's I've owned.
3. Top quality metals used - see specs.
4. Cleans super easy.
5. Lifetime warranty with outstanding and friendly customer service.
6. Local new company with many new innovative goodies for your AR.

Check their website: <broken link removed>

Specs:

Ice Arms manufactured M16 BCG w/ Nickel Boron EXO finish. This is the same company that does the finish for Fail Zero BCGs.

Nickel Boron has proven itself to be the most durable finish on the market. It's much smoother than Hard Chrome, it's easier to clean, makes the rifle cycle smoother, it can be run almost lube free for thousands of rounds.

- 8620 Carrier
- 9310 MPI HPT Shot Peened Bolt
- Investment Cast Extractor
- Properly Staked Key
- Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
- EXO Nickel Boron Finish

Blue Skies!

ICE BCG 002.jpg

ICE BCG 003.jpg

ICE BCG 005.jpg

ICE BCG 006.jpg

ICE BCG 007.jpg

Thank you very much for the kind word, sir. It's really appreciated, especially considering how new we are to the market.

Thank you again.

Colin

Sent from the ICE Arms Customer Service Cave.

Details on the EXO coating can be found here: Coatings | UCT Coatings

and here: <broken link removed>

I particularly dig this study, which was done for the Department of Energy:
<broken link removed>

Short summary (from UTC website), to save you a couple of clicks:
In this rigorous course of fire incorporating such real-world variables as moisture, dust, and dirt, an M4 carbine equipped with EXO-coated FailZero components competed "dry" (without any lubrication in the action whatsoever) against two standard M4 carbines, one of which was "properly lubed," the other "over-lubed."

After thousands of rounds of ammunition, the carbine with the FZ kit repeatedly outperformed the standard M4s in both semi-auto and full-auto modes.

The test concluded that FailZero kits "will result in a reduction of malfunctions, and provide the added benefit of a reduction in cleaning time and lube costs."

I bought an AR with a nickel boron coated BCG. Not ICE Arms, but those things are nice and easy to clean. Whatever AR I'd have, if it doesn't have the nickel boron BCG, that would be my first upgrade.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top