JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked this up at the Puyallup WAC show yesterday. It's a complete 15-2 set, plus an extra 6" full lug barrel shroud, Hogue grip, and some other minor extras.

For those unaware, these old Dan Wesson revolvers are based on a modular system: the barrels, grips, and (on target models only) front sight posts are interchangeable and designed to be quickly swapped and replaced. Switching a barrel, grip, or sight post for another takes just over a minute if you're quick. My 15-2 is a .357 magnum with all the usual goodies, though it's possible to find barrels sized 10", 12", and 15", which I do not have. Those tend to cost quite a lot - I saw a 12" barrel assembly sell for more than I paid for this entire set.

I'll let the photos speak for themselves now!

Tgnw5.jpg

dhsMk.jpg

c7niB.jpg

cWzJX.jpg

JnsAo.jpg

Various possible configurations:

CaO16.jpg

Those are so much fun. Coincidentally, I bought one at the Monroe show years ago. I sold it not long ago. I had more accessories than this sloppy snap shot shows, but did not have that belt buckle, just the sew-on patch. These are indeed fun.

View attachment 189467

Very nice pac, Carbo. I also recently bought a .357 15-2 pistol pac here in Montana. Yours is in great condition as is mine. I love those grips on yours. I do not have the belt buckle but I'm searching for one. Good find on your part. Thanks for the pics.

BTW to bkb: What you refer to as "fasteners" are actually spacers used when you change barrels. They provide the correct gap between cylinder & barrel to assure accuracy, for which the model 15-2 is known.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

i'm NOT a wheel gun guy, but that is pretty awesome. whats the fastener(s)?
As XSNE1 mentioned, they're headspacing gauges measuring .006", used when swapping barrels. You place the gauge between the barrel and cylinder and then tighten the barrel such that the headspace gauge is snug, but can still be slid right out.

Those are so much fun. Coincidentally, I bought one at the Monroe show years ago. I sold it not long ago. I had more accessories than this sloppy snap shot shows, but did not have that belt buckle, just the sew-on patch. These are indeed fun.
Beautiful! Your target grip is just gorgeous and I would love a full lug 8" barrel shroud.

Bonus photo, loaded up with JHPs:
gXHOm.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews