JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks all once again.

I've heard a couple of stories lately of hunters who've made mistakes, truthfully reported it and still got ticketed and fined. Perhaps there is more to those stories than what they told me, perhaps not. I fully expected to get a fine and was willing to pay up. Very surprised when I heard the good news. Can't help but think I still would have written this story and posted it here even if I did receive a fine.

I hope it's prompted some to give serious thought about what to do in a case like this. To have a "What if..." plan in mind and stick with it. To me, an $80 fine, if need be, is far better than being arrested as a poacher!

Oh, did you see in Washington Regulations pamphlet about the free eye exam for hunters with a current license? Bet you can't guess who's gonna check that out!

Happy & safe hunting,

Bill

Hey Cogs, where were you up there?

I spent the last week of deer and the first weeek of elk up in Klickitat. We were over Fisher Hill and Wahkiakus Way. Not too far from the rock piles on Fisher Hill.

Had 2 gamies stop by. Bolton out of Goldendale and a younger guy. Didn't note his name tag.

Oh hey...you did the right thing. Ethics has to be an important part of our sport.

Only hunted the first 2 weekends of deer. Focused on Lyle-Snowden road at the power lines. I like that Wahkiakus area, however. Gotta spend more time scouting there.

I also need to learn more about the elk opportunities and how far from base camp we'd have to go. Have 2.5 ac by Canyon and Johnson roads and set up a year round camp there.

Son and I have only been deer hunting for the past 3 seasons. Before that, my last hunt was 40 years ago in Klamath Falls area.

Thanks for the positive reply,

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews