JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a vintage 1859 sharps PEPPERBOX pistol, I absolutely love it, as it's chambered in 22sr. Mine particularly Has a lot of character Which doesn't bother me too much, other than the hammer not working. If anyone knows somebody who would be able to fix it, or know where I can go to get this pistol fixed, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again to all you folks!

687D1C0B-8897-4E22-9316-AC1ADFDB693B.jpeg 520E7C27-6586-4DBA-9B85-3CA09735C579.jpeg

Wile_E_Coyote_Gunsmith.jpg

Actually......
i-know-nothing-nothing.jpg

BUT, But, but.......
I suspect that it might be a broken spring or engagement surface that has broken or worn down.

Hint : A "Real Gunsmith" can/could make springs and were real craftsmen at welding and shaping metal parts.

YEAH. It wasn't just about replacing parts.

Aloha, Mark

PS........ask around at your favorite gun shop. In Portland.....maybe try Allison and Carey on Stark.

View attachment 1166523

Actually......
View attachment 1166524

BUT, But, but.......
I suspect that it might be a broken spring or engagement surface that has broken or worn down.

Hint : A "Real Gunsmith" can/could make springs and were real craftsmen at welding and shaping metal parts.

YEAH. It wasn't just about replacing parts.

Aloha, Mark

PS........ask around at your favorite gun shop. In Portland.....maybe try Allison and Carey on Stark.
Not a bad idea, thanks for the help. I might stop by tommorow if I get the chance. I'm pretty sure it is a broken spring, all the other mechanisms (like the slide, and the revolving firing pin work great).
Thanks again Mark,
-Ethan

Dixie Gun Works might have a replacement spring....
I'd buy a couple , since they will need some fitting ( as In filing / shaping ) to work...and they are easy to lose or fit / file / shape too much...:eek: :D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top