JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About 20 years ago I bought a drop in auto sear at the gun show for $80. At the time I had a SP1 which when I sold I gave the guy the DIAS. Of course it was not a registered NFA part but it was exactly like the ones that where. They where posted in Shotgun news for decades it seemed.

Back then I was far less worried about the ATF, These days I wouldn't even touch one of those, let alone buy one. (I wouldn't want to leave my fingerprints on it for some future agent to find :)

I have shot a number of legal full auto weapons. They are neat and I would like to have one but the idea that an extra $40 worth of parts in a AR (a FA FCG) constitutes an extra $25,000 in "value" hurts my head.

That I dont think I will ever be able to get over. If I was independently wealthy that would be one thing, But dishing out an extra $25 grand on a AR because the selector has one more position? Its just not that neat. I would rather have a dozen $2000 AR's than one M16 or more realistically a really nice 1972 Chevy truck which will probably go up in value as much and I would get far more pleasure out of.

And when your talking about a $10-$15,000 .22LR? Now we are truly into the realm of absurdity.

About 20 years ago I bought a drop in auto sear at the gun show for $80. At the time I had a SP1 which when I sold I gave the guy the DIAS. Of course it was not a registered NFA part but it was exactly like the ones that where. They where posted in Shotgun news for decades it seemed.
Back in the mid 90's I remember one up for auction on E-bay. Pictures and everything.

I remember seeing full kits and Lightening Links in Shotgun News, and always wondered about it. Back in the 90s, there was less internet and a lot more mystique surrounding the guns and the laws. No source of reliable information.. I remember calling my local LE agencies looking for answers and getting different and conflicting answers from each one.

All that said, I know the ATF did pop people for buying the unregistered Lightning Links and FA parts kits, including a pretty high profile case involving a deputy (as guilty party) in Hawaii. So I'm glad I never succumbed to the curiosity. Oh the felonies a young man can rack up from ignorance alone.

I just can't believe how expensive FA/NFA crap has gotten since last decade. Looks like my last chance to own anything FA that I'd actually want to shoot might have passed long ago. Oh well. I guess could move to a free country.

Aside... I still am not sure I like the site upgrade, man. I was never alerted this thread updated, and it's been a coupe weeks.. that seems to happen fairly often.

Full auto firearms are like a smoking hot trophy wife.
It cost you a small fortune to acquire one, goes through money/ammo like nobodies business and you don't dare let them out of your sight.

One of these can up for sale in the Portland area last year for only $7,500.00.
It had three different sized drums with the winders and a cool custom violin case.
I missed the sale by 2 hours.

It's all relative.
I figure that since I didn't have to buy my M1A1 Thompson and suppressed Mac 11, I'm way ahead money wise and buying a full auto .22 toy that's completely dialed in for only $7,500 is not so bad.
As far as .22 ammo is concerned, I bought a hundred bricks of quality Federal .22lr for less then $10.00 each awhile ago, so I wouldn't be breaking the bank with one of these.
They do hold there value, unlike a jet ski, or other deprecating toys that folks seem to buy.

As a metal worker I dont think I could ever bring myself to spend $6000-$12,000 on a chunk of metal I could make in a few hours out of $3 worth of material.

I know its not the part your buying but the paper. Still it just seems insane.

I would like to have a full auto but I'll have to move first and then win the lotto second

Consider the purchase t be an investment you won't lose money on. You buy it, you shoot it for a while and stick it in the closet for a few years. You sell it and make your money back and then some.

db_AR15_Sear3.gif
db_HK_Sear3.gif

Just like a Harley Davidson. They always retain there value.

I think if you looked at a graph of machine gun values versus Harley values you'd see the lines moving opposite directions. The difference being they still make Harleys. Machine guns cost you nothing to own besides ammo of course and more than likely make you money in the long run.

There just isn't jack bubblegum out there on the Calico 22.. but the few videos I've seen of dudes shooting them, they look like they cycle WAY too fast and malf frequently. Is the 180 pretty stout, or at least stout-able?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top