JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know why, but I really want a full auto .22 Calico. I've looked off and on over the years, but I've never seen a single transferable example, so I really have no idea about availability or how much I can expect to pay.... anybody ever seen one/some in the wild, and how much was the SOB asking?

The American 180 would be my choice for a full auto rifle.
Only because they are more readily available for sale and there's a guy in Central Oregon that sells parts and repairs them.

I'll have to check that out. Any tips on good places to look?

Anyone know the timeline on the calicos? I'm starting to wonder if maybe they weren't ever really commercially available in any numbers before '86..

There is a thread about Calico's over on Uzitalk.com. One of the guys stated that he ran across a transferable sear for one on Subguns.com at 15K with a serial number of 3 and it did not last very long. Anything transferable is going to be top dollar. Unless you want to become a class 3 dealer and play with dealer samples anything transferable will be expensive.

The biggest problem with a full auto .22 gun is acquiring the ammo.

FOR SALE: American 180 in Excellent Condition, with Accessories

nfafirearms.25954.1.jpg
nfafirearms.25954.2.jpg

nfafirearms.25954.3.jpg

nfafirearms.25954.4.jpg

nfafirearms.25954.5.jpg

nfafirearms.25954.6.jpg

nfafirearms.25954.7.jpg

email.gif

Modify This Ad
Delete This Ad
Alert Admin

Expires On: 09/09/2015

Ad Information
Ad Number:

Date Posted:
06/11/2015

Price:
$11,995.00
spacer.gif
Text of Ad
B01449

American 180, .22 LR, with Original Metal Drum, Lexan Drum, Loader, Winder, Stand, Manual
Gun was just tuned up by Val Cooper

$11,995.00

Florida residents are subject to Florida Sales tax.

Dealernfa, Inc
Ruben Mendiola
President

Last edited by a moderator:
It was originally designed for prison riot suppression, but if it fell into the wrong hands, it could dig through the layers of body armor, so it was not widely issued to police and prison guards
It does look like a cross between a baby Thompson and a Lewis gun.
They are a lot of fun to shoot.

Pretty impressive. I can hardly get a Mark II or a 10/22 to feed a standard cap mag without a hiccup. I dont suppose you can always burp a half a brick but still.

I own a FA Thompson M1A1 and a suppressed 9mm FA Mac 11 and I would gladly trade the Mac 11 for an American 180.

Last Edited:
Only a real one. not a clone or a semi shot American.
What I really want is a Lightning Link for my SP-1 Sporter.

As a metal worker I dont think I could ever bring myself to spend $6000-$12,000 on a chunk of metal I could make in a few hours out of $3 worth of material.

I know its not the part your buying but the paper. Still it just seems insane.

I would like to have a full auto but I'll have to move first and then win the lotto second

I inherited mine, but I would rather my best friend hadn't passed away for me to have them.
Most everyone wishes to have one, but they carry a lot of responsibility, especially when you take them out of the safe to a shoot.

That AM needs to be suppressed! I threaded the barrel for a fellow a few years ago but didn't get to play with it installed....That's one sure fire way to deplete your lifetime reserve of .22 ammo in a half hour!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top