JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Guys, I need advice on a decision of which gun I should get. I search thru the internet for advice and all, I find is either 2007 or 2009 forum opinions. Anyway to my question. I have the opportunity of getting either of these two guns. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Springfield XD 40 VS S&W MP 45 Full size. Thank You for your time.

Which one "Fits" Your hand the best?

Which caliber do you like the best?

Are these used or new?

you say the m&p is full size, is the xd a service or compact?

The decision is ALL your. It is what you think fits your hand the best.

I have had 3 XD 40 calibers, and now carry an XDm .40. I love the platform of the XD pistols. Glock and the M&P just don't fit my hand the way that the XD does. But that is just My personal Opinion. EVERYONE is different.

What are you looking for in an opinion? Have you seen the XD torture tests? There are lot's out there.

I'm sure the m&p is a good pistol also, but the trigger has a Very long creep to it. other than that, I here they are nice... just not for me...

The Ultimate decision is going to be Yours, and Yours alone. You are the one who is going to be carrying it, or shooting it, not any of us.

Get what feels best to you.

Stay Safe.

Hello Old Hick, I don't have a preference they both feel good in my hands, there both used. I guess my question is which of the 2 is more reliable, better mechanism , pro vs cons. The XD is the compact model one. Thank You for your time and input.

Godspeed..

I personally have had the XD and the XDm. I liked the XD but loved the XDm. The one thing I didn't like about the Springfields were taking them apart because of all the little bubblegum in the grip safety. I now have a glock 23 that is super easy to take apart and clean and a very accurate shooter. My next purchase is going to be a M&P to try it out. I like the look and feel, and how can you go wrong with Smith & Wesson?

both good guns
both have excellent mechanisms
both are more accurate than the shooter
both are NOT a glock
personally I like an xd, but, that's me
you have my absolution to buy what you want
your mom called and said it's O.K.

Standard XD or M&P I'd go M&P time and again after owning both. Now if you're looking at the XDm or M&P flip a coin. Not to say they're both not good guns- the XD just feels like a cheaper gun to me and honestly doesn't fit ME as well so that's part of it.

Standard XD or M&P I'd go M&P time and again after owning both. Now if you're looking at the XDm or M&P flip a coin. Not to say they're both not good guns- the XD just feels like a cheaper gun to me and honestly doesn't fit ME as well so that's part of it.

Hello iamme, Thank You for the observation and your opinion on both of these Pistol's.

The M&P - Install the Apex Duty Carry kit ($89) and you'll have a much better gun than the springfield. The only thing I don't like is that to get 14 round mags, you've got an enormous magazine sticking out of the grip. We're talking an extra 2 inches. Compared to FN and Springfield, this is a negative.

I've got a springfield 45 XD - like it, shoots well, its a keeper, but the feel of the M&P is superior.

Having shot the MP 9mm, .40, and .45.... I have also shot the XD but it was in 9mm. IMO the XD has a better trigger and I would choose the XD. I have been going through the same thing with a XD and a G27 and I have decided to get the XD. The XD40 that I am interested in is the V10 XD40 compact and I am about to buy it as we speak. I am getting such a killer deal on it that I am not gonna pass up on it. Also the .40 ammo is a little cheaper and I do believe with a barrel conversion swap and some 9mm mags I can shoot 9mm out of the XD.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Hello Biggiie24420, Thank You for your input, will be making a decision tomorrow . Going to the range with a couple of buddy's each have the opposite model. range time will tell.... Again I want to say Thanks to all for their their input..... I will post my decision tomorrow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top