JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i learned a few things about glocks today
I was shooting my G17 gen 2

They like to through brass all around me, on me and at my face.

But most interesting is that they do malfunction!!!

So what say you glock lovers...whats wrong with me or my gun

20150712_123919.jpg

No gun is 100% fool proof.
However, as mentioned above limp wristing will through brass at you as well as cause
malfunctions. It seems like Glocks are particularly sensitive to limp wristing.

I have three Glocks with five barrels between them (a threaded KKM for my G21, a 9mm conversion for my G23 from Lone Wolf with threads). In the thousands of rounds through the G21, the G23, and the G26, I've never had a malfunction like you had. Nada. S&B is decent enough, but ammo could certainly be the cause. Got to admit I have shot some sketchy reloads in my guns, never an issue. Hope you sort it out.....

No gun is 100% fool proof.
However, as mentioned above limp wristing will through brass at you as well as cause
malfunctions. It seems like Glocks are particularly sensitive to limp wristing.

Interesting. So i guess for casual shooting i will grab my 1911.

Btw im 6ft 185lbs and all muscle. I swing a hammer for a living so i didnt think i would be a limp wrister

I'd get a new recoil spring, just for the sake of completeness, clean 'er up real good, and give it a go again. Springs aren't expensive, eliminate things one variable at a time. As they say, one man's opinion.....

sounds like u need a new recoil spring and/ or sounds like limp wristing. my glock piles brass right at 4 oclock. round count around 4k. all original.

Last Edited:
So maybe the ammo....i was using s&b 115gr

S & B is not great ammo. Yes I like Glocks. I hated them for years until the Gen3 dropped. I've never had a failure with my G19 NibX Gen 3. I'd change ammo and the spring as others have mentioned.

I never understood why the Glock fanboys love to blame the limb wrist method.
The handgun has a flaw...a flaw most other handguns don't have. A known flaw, A MAJOR FLAW!
Every firearm has a flaw, regardless what it is or how much it costs. Just own it!
You've allowed the manufacturer put this in your head and you've accepted the fact that you're doing something wrong. In my line of work, we call that a "characteristic of the model" but that's just a fancy way of saying we know it's a problem but won't do anything about it.

I'm not a Glock hater, just never got around to buying one but have shot many of them over the years. (either borrowed a friends, rented one from a range or during training sessions) I've shot hundreds of rounds through various models/calibers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top