JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never understood why the Glock fanboys love to blame the limb wrist method.
It's that we see so much of it. I belong to a couple of Glock forums and a high percentage of people complain about brass in the face and malfunctions when they first get a Glock. I did too. Figured it had to be the gun, not me. Turned out it was me, once I adapted to the grip no more issues.
But again, no gun is perfect and any of them can malfunction.

The handgun has a flaw...a flaw most other handguns don't have. A known flaw, A MAJOR FLAW!
Every firearm has a flaw, regardless what it is or how much it costs. Just own it!
You've allowed the manufacturer put this in your head and you've accepted the fact that you're doing something wrong. In my line of work, we call that a "characteristic of the model" but that's just a fancy way of saying we know it's a problem but won't do anything about it.

I'm not a Glock hater, just never got around to buying one but have shot many of them over the years. (either borrowed a friends, rented one from a range or during training sessions) I've shot hundreds of rounds through various models/calibers.

So fill us in, what is the major flaw?

I would say recoil spring also.

Oh i forgot to mention this is my first glock and first time shooting it.
If you are still have problems in a couple of weeks, I would make a trip down to Albany to the GSSF match (I think it's August 1). They have a Glock armorer there who can completely go through your Glock and replace any parts that need it....for free. At the Dundee match I took in a G17 police trade in and he swapped out a lot of parts ...no charge.

Last Edited:
If you are still have problems in a couple of weeks, I would make a trip down to Albany to the GSSF match (I think it's August 1). They have a Glock armorer there who can completely go through your Glock and replace any parts that need it....for free. At the Dundee match I took a G17 police trade in and he swapped out a lot of parts ...no charge.

Looks like I need to find the most beat up Glock i can get my hands on and head over to Albany in a few weeks.

The handgun has a flaw...a flaw most other handguns don't have. A known flaw, A MAJOR FLAW!
Every firearm has a flaw, regardless what it is or how much it costs. Just own it!
You've allowed the manufacturer put this in your head and you've accepted the fact that you're doing something wrong. In my line of work, we call that a "characteristic of the model" but that's just a fancy way of saying we know it's a problem but won't do anything about it.

I'm not a Glock hater, just never got around to buying one but have shot many of them over the years. (either borrowed a friends, rented one from a range or during training sessions) I've shot hundreds of rounds through various models/calibers.

And that flaw is?? Please fill us "Glock fan boys" in

A related issue to limp wristing is weak grip / and nor not enough grip.

Can the pistol slip in your hand?

This is often fixed by stippling / checkering / grip tape / etc.

I had this issue with my single stack when I first got it.

I think 'fanboy' is a bit strong. I mean, all any firearm is, is a tool. Some are good tools, some are not so good tools. Some fit the hand and function well, some don't. That very much depends on the owner. I've got Glocks, 1911's, Beretta 92's, and a smattering of wheel guns in the safe. I happen to like my Glocks, as they've always worked perfectly (and I do mean perfectly) for me. I shoot them accurately, they function as expected, every damn time. Does that make me a 'fanboy'...??

As far as "....love to blame the limb wrist method...." (I believe you meant 'limp'), I think you could stovepipe or otherwise malfunction pretty much any auto pistol out there, given a poor hold and improper operation. If some guys get flawless operation, and others have nothing but problems....explain to me how that becomes the guns fault.

At the end of the day, despite your claims, I'd say you don't like the plastic pistols. Fair enough.

Sorry for the thread jack.....B.B.S.

I take his word at it that he's a cyborg lumberjack. However, even if a gun is held in a vice (cyborg lumberjacks included), it can fail if the ammo is underpowered.. for that particular firearm.
One doesn't need to be a cyborg lumberjack though.. a good gun (with proper ammunition) should run flawlessly with everything from a "target" hold (not to be confused with limpwristing) to an absolute full-body stranglehold.

I think 'fanboy' is a bit strong. I mean, all any firearm is, is a tool. Some are good tools, some are not so good tools. Some fit the hand and function well, some don't. That very much depends on the owner. I've got Glocks, 1911's, Beretta 92's, and a smattering of wheel guns in the safe. I happen to like my Glocks, as they've always worked perfectly (and I do mean perfectly) for me. I shoot them accurately, they function as expected, every damn time. Does that make me a 'fanboy'...??

As far as "....love to blame the limb wrist method...." (I believe you meant 'limp'), I think you could stovepipe or otherwise malfunction pretty much any auto pistol out there, given a poor hold and improper operation. If some guys get flawless operation, and others have nothing but problems....explain to me how that becomes the guns fault.

At the end of the day, despite your claims, I'd say you don't like the plastic pistols. Fair enough.

Sorry for the thread jack.....B.B.S.

Thanks for catching the typo.
As far as the stovepipes are concerned...yes, they can happen to any auto pistol but they happen more to polymer pistols, especially Glocks. I'm sure there are tons of Glocks that run flawlessly. I'm not taking a shot at anyone who owns a Glock. If there is a common problem with a product line...call it what it is. If you need to modify your handgun to make it function properly, then there is a defect with it. Period.

The term "fanboy" refers to anyone who takes anything said about their preferred product line personally and defends it. They believe the product they have a loyalty to has no flaw or equal. If that's how you feel, then you're fanboy as far as i'm concerned. There's nothing wrong with that...just own it!
You're right, the handgun is just a tool and in the wrong hands...it's a bad tool.
And I have nothing against polymer handguns, my safe is filled with them. If you believe I'm a Glock-hater than so be it...you're wrong.

Rack IT , Clear IT , and just keep Shooting .

That is why a Semi-Auto pistol Magazine hold multiple rounds . And that is why they sell Pistol Ammo by the box Full .
You, Shooting your Semi-Auto Pistol and having a Stove-Pipe or another Ammo related Mal. ??? .. That's what is called .. ( Free Training ) and Not excuse for smart phone pictures downloading in a Hot Range and internet Whining .

Thanks for catching the typo.
As far as the stovepipes are concerned...yes, they can happen to any auto pistol but they happen more to polymer pistols, especially Glocks. I'm sure there are tons of Glocks that run flawlessly. I'm not taking a shot at anyone who owns a Glock. If there is a common problem with a product line...call it what it is. If you need to modify your handgun to make it function properly, then there is a defect with it. Period.

The term "fanboy" refers to anyone who takes anything said about their preferred product line personally and defends it. They believe the product they have a loyalty to has no flaw or equal. If that's how you feel, then you're fanboy as far as i'm concerned. There's nothing wrong with that...just own it!
You're right, the handgun is just a tool and in the wrong hands...it's a bad tool.
And I have nothing against polymer handguns, my safe is filled with them. If you believe I'm a Glock-hater than so be it...you're wrong.

I'm not arguing either as I do love glocks but I also love many all metal frame guns. You say that if you have to change it or modify it to make it run than it is defective. But isn't that what everyone with a 1911 does? Changes springs, trigger job, barrel work, ect. I have had a few 1911s not run out of the box (mainly kimbers) So does that mean 1911s are defective too? I am for sure a Glock fan boy then but that also makes me a CZ,1911, Ruger fan boy also

Rack IT , Clear IT , and just keep Shooting .

That is why a Semi-Auto pistol Magazine hold multiple rounds . And that is why they sell Pistol Ammo by the box Full .
You, Shooting your Semi-Auto Pistol and having a Stove-Pipe or another Ammo related Mal. ??? .. That's what is called .. ( Free Training ) and Not excuse for smart phone pictures downloading in a Hot Range and internet Whining .
Was that code/longhand for STFU? I think it was. lol

I'm not arguing either as I do love glocks but I also love many all metal frame guns. You say that if you have to change it or modify it to make it run than it is defective. But isn't that what everyone with a 1911 does? Changes springs, trigger job, barrel work, ect. I have had a few 1911s not run out of the box (mainly kimbers) So does that mean 1911s are defective too? I am for sure a Glock fan boy then but that also makes me a CZ,1911, Ruger fan boy also

If a product (any product) requires modifications to make it work the way it was intended to from the factory, then yes, it's defective. The modifications you're talking about are being done to enhance performance, different ball game. I've never had any of my handguns not function out of the box (Sig, SA, S&W, Beretta etc).
If your Kimbers didn't function as intended out of the box, then yes, the Kimbers was defective.
There's nothing wrong with being a fanboy.

I love Guns. Old, new, foreign, domestic.
I love how Guns come apart and go together, mechanical perfection!

New guns, like the perfectly built 1911 issued to me from Quantico.
Slide to frame fit was so tight! Had to be helped along with the heel of my hand.

Got my CC. Went to the gun store to buy a CC Gun. Chose a G27,
Perfect out of the box.

These guns won't tolerate a lazy, limp wristed shooter

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR