JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love Guns. Old, new, foreign, domestic.
I love how Guns come apart and go together, mechanical perfection!

New guns, like the perfectly built 1911 issued to me from Quantico.
Slide to frame fit was so tight! Had to be helped along with the heel of my hand.

Got my CC. Went to the gun store to buy a CC Gun. Chose a G27,
Perfect out of the box.

These guns won't tolerate a lazy, limp wristed shooter
It sounds like the heel of your hand was lazy.. or something.

I bought a used 1911, was sold to Argentina in 1933, shipped back by Interarms in 1982.
Worn finish, loose slide to frame fit. Barrel rattled inside the slide and barrel bushing.
New barrel w bushing, link pin. Tighten the rails. Anodized black. Wilson sights.
Trigger with a screw. Pachmayer grip. Extended slide release. Extended thumb safety. Springs.
Commander hammer, extended beavertail. Recoil spring guide.

G27 worked out of the box new, but...extended slide stop lever, extended mag button, recoil spring assembly, engraved slide cover plate.

upload_2015-7-13_13-45-11.png

Interesting conversation. I've shot all kinds of pistols. Started out with a S&W 59. It would stovepipe anything that wasn't loaded pretty hot. I got it used, so who knows. Bought a Sig. Got told I was limp wristing it. It would stove pipe if the slide wasn't just wet with lube. Got told it had to have a thousand rounds through it to break it in. Traded it for a Glock. The only time it ever failed to feed was when I was running some reloads through it from that place in St Helens. Other than that it just eats up Whatever. Not a fan boy. I never really liked my Glock until I put a Travis Haley Skimmer Trigger in it. OK, now I really like it. :)

Here's something interesting. Ever have that nightmare where you need to use your pistol to stop a threat and it wouldn't work? After I started carrying a Glock, I never had that nightmare again. Subconscious is a funny thing.

I've owned several different Glocks in 9mm, .40 and .45 I've never had a single failure in any of them. No FTF, no FTE, no light strikes, nothing. I've come to expect Glocks to be very reliable.

Good thread. Well anyway i posted this thread because im a 1911 fan boy. I bought a glock to see what the buzz was about, granted it is used and made in 1987...i still expected perfection like my 1911 from 1945ish does...

out of 150 rds i shot i had one stove pipe....could've been a bad load, could be an old asss recoil spring or heck maybe i limped one off.
Im going to buy a new recoil spring and see what happens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top