JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wasting too much time there when I could have been wasting it somewhere else. I really think the politics was threatening my health and I don't mean the liberals that would like to see me dead.

I don't use social media, and don't watch TV. It was a decision I made long ago, after taking a time management class, about recapturing hours in my day for things of lasting value. No judgement of others, real or implied, in that statement. If I sit on the back porch nursing a cup of coffee while I watch the wind rattle tree branches and clouds drift overhead, I consider that valuable recharging time. When the coffee is finished, or grows cold, I'm good to go back at it.

It seems to me that our ancestors built a country from scratch because they were focused on the land and community around them, and weren't being distracted by news from far away. And if that news from far away ever reached them, it was months or years old by then.

When a buddy and I were at Arrowhead Pit on Monday, we had fun shooting and cleaning up the pit. But when the five others cleared off, we had an even better time just sitting there talking about our kids and grandkids, the world we grew up in, and how our view of life and what's important has changed from when we were teenagers. We did go back to some more shooting and some more cleanup, but it was when we stopped everything and sat down in the mountain silence, ate some snacks and chatted for awhile, that I felt good about my little corner of the world. Tuesday and a world in trouble lay ahead, but even today I'm still relishing the memory of yesterday.

I still have an account for finding and contacting friends..but I might use it a few times month if that. NWFA is the only social media I care to frequent.

Never was on FB, never will be on FB, (or equivalent) I don't carry a cell phone unless I'm on a long drive. I use road maps not GPS.
I don't need to have constant contact with the mothership (wife) to function. I know stuff without constantly needing to look it up. I've yet to ask Siri a darn thing (my wife might get jealous). I talk at dinner tables, on the telephone, to bank tellers, strangers in the supermarket checkout, like making/fixing things with my hands, video games leave me cold and still prefer the smell/touch/reading of actual books.....

....but, then I'm an old phart, we're demographically invisible, so I can be like that. ;)

Last Edited:
I don't use social media, and don't watch TV. It was a decision I made long ago, after taking a time management class, about recapturing hours in my day for things of lasting value. No judgement of others, real or implied, in that statement. If I sit on the back porch nursing a cup of coffee while I watch the wind rattle tree branches and clouds drift overhead, I consider that valuable recharging time. When the coffee is finished, or grows cold, I'm good to go back at it.

It seems to me that our ancestors built a country from scratch because they were focused on the land and community around them, and weren't being distracted by news from far away. And if that news from far away ever reached them, it was months or years old by then.

When a buddy and I were at Arrowhead Pit on Monday, we had fun shooting and cleaning up the pit. But when the five others cleared off, we had an even better time just sitting there talking about our kids and grandkids, the world we grew up in, and how our view of life and what's important has changed from when we were teenagers. We did go back to some more shooting and some more cleanup, but it was when we stopped everything and sat down in the mountain silence, ate some snacks and chatted for awhile, that I felt good about my little corner of the world. Tuesday and a world in trouble lay ahead, but even today I'm still relishing the memory of yesterday.

Not much of a social person, but that moment when the dry fly settles on the water, and you can see the big fat trout rising towards it in crystal clear water, and time stops, and every fiber in your being is telling you to set the hook, but you force yourself to wait....and then later in the day the sun breaks through the clouds and drizzle and warms up your bend in the bottom of the canyon....

Your story made me think of those moments.

Never had F.B. and if the wife would ditch it i would not have to listen to her complain about the idiots on there.

NWFA is it for me. The first time i got on a computer was 08 and my girls that were already graduated,they could not understand how a person can get by in life without a computer.

Never was on FB, never will be on FB, (or equivalent) I don't carry a cell phone unless I'm on a long drive. I use road maps not GPS.
I don't need to have constant contact with the mothership (wife) to function. I know stuff without constantly needing to look it up. I've yet to ask Siri a darn thing (my wife might get jealous). I talk at dinner tables, on the telephone, to bank tellers, strangers in the supermarket checkout, like making/fixing things with my hands, video games leave me cold and still prefer the smell/touch/reading of actual books.....

....but, then I'm an old phart, we're demographically invisible, so I can be like that. ;)
Damn, your Jon boy! Lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads