JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well it is six, but I needed to shoot the Spectrum I bought last spring too. I really have not shot my two new 40's yet. I did buy two new 10 both XDM' a 5.25 and then a 4.5.

I also shot my Glock G-20 head to head against the 5.25, 90 rounds apiece first time, the last 45 in the G-20 were single shot as it was not returning to battery, the XDM was shooting low. I cleaned and re-lubed both, and I bore sighted the sights on the XDM (They are adjustable on the 5.25.)

Second time I shot the 5.25 and G-20 they both worked fine and the XDM sights were spot on.

Some where in there I shot the new Ruger LC-380 and Taurus Spectrum (380) 21 rounds apiece. 14 rounds were PMC FMJ and seven rounds each of Underwood 90 Grain XTP's +P. I will shoot them more but so far so good, like them both.

I got a deal on a 4.5 XDM 10 MM and shot it 15 rounds, accurate but the recoil was getting to me. I moved on to my XD357, another gun I had yet to shoot, It had the old three dot sights, but fired 72 rounds accurately. I only had two 357 magazines, but four forty call magazines and they seemed to work just fine. Really liked this gun. I will put some fiber optic sights on it. I also fired both my old Taurus PT-111 G2 and the new PT-111 G2C. 9 MM's. Not a lot of difference, I would prefer the new one if I had to choose.

I also bought a new M1.0 Shield 40, no safety and a M2.0 M&P40C, also no safety and the 3.6 version. I have cleaned them and loaded the magazines. I need to shoot them and the 380's a little more.

So I have been busy.

Wow:oops::oops: That's a lot of new handguns. Congratulations to you. Sounds like you
are having a lot of fun.:D You obviously are into the 40 cal and the 10 mm. I have steered
clear of these calibers. It seems to me the 40 S&W recoil is more than 45 acp ?

Dont forget to roll call before ya leave the range.:D I even keep a list of my guns on the wall with a check mark if their sighted in or not.

I was just watching a video about shot show that made me smile. It was about buying gear vs buying training.

Collecting is fun and exciting, but don't forget training is just as fun and exciting and can be much more rewarding.

Wow:oops::oops: That's a lot of new handguns. Congratulations to you. Sounds like you
are having a lot of fun.:D You obviously are into the 40 cal and the 10 mm. I have steered
In some guns the 40 seems worse, others it is the 45. I have a XD45 SC and a XD40 SC, I like the 40 in that gun. I don't know yet about the Shield as I have yet to fire the Shield 40, but I will shoot it magazine for Magazine with my Shield 45, since both are M1.0's it should make it close. Later I'll do that XDS40 to XDS45, try to get you my more scientific answer to that question.

I was just watching a video about shot show that made me smile. It was about buying gear vs buying training.

Collecting is fun and exciting, but don't forget training is just as fun and exciting and can be much more rewarding.
I usually go to two or three courses a year, my skills are on a decline, with training currency, they decline a little slower. The wife improves every time.

Now start buying "large capacity" magazines for them while you still can.
The XDM's had the 'Gear Up' promotion so the 5.25 came with three mags and I got three more in the Promotion, the 4.5 came with two and I got three with the same promotion, (just got that tracking number yesterday) so I would likely carry the 5.25 with four spare mags or maybe just one spare if hiking, I need to buy more ammo.

Depends on the firearm, my P229 in 40SW (PI) has basically no recoil the 9mm S&W Shield has more.

... I moved on to my XD357, another gun I had yet to shoot, It had the old three dot sights, but fired 72 rounds accurately. I only had two 357 magazines, but four forty call magazines and they seemed to work just fine.
I also bought a new M1.0 Shield 40, no safety and a M2.0 M&P40C...

Maybe you know this - but it's inexpensive and easy to drop a 357 SIG barrel into your M&P40C and yes, 40 S&W mags take the SIG round by design. You can get a Storm Lake barrel for about $125 or better quality one for about $160/175. S&W used to make 357 SIG barrels for the M&P but stopped (for $70) - might find new-old-stock, if looking. I've done this for several M&Ps and been pleased with the results.

Maybe you know this - but it's inexpensive and easy to drop a 357 SIG barrel into your M&P40C and yes, 40 S&W mags take the SIG round by design. You can get a Storm Lake barrel for about $125 or better quality one for about $160/175. S&W used to make 357 SIG barrels for the M&P but stopped (for $70) - might find new-old-stock, if looking. I've done this for several M&Ps and been pleased with the results.
I noted the magazines were stamped .40 S&W .357 Sig. I' know you can do that with most 40's, I'll look for a barrel for my 3.6", that could be harder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top