JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think all schools should have an officer on duty. When I went through Junior High and High School here in Lakewood there was always an officer on campus. Nobody thought anything of it at the time; I dont' know what changed, and it's not like the police are understaffed to the point that they couldn't have an officer hang around.

...In fact they could have it unpaid and they could use it as "community-involvement" or volunteer time. The Marines have the Toys for Tots, and the Fire Department has the Fill The Boot drive around town. The Police can have Eyes on Education, or some other cleverly named program.

The big problem is money. Much less expensive to just allow those staff member that want to, be armed. They already have to have a CPL to get around the Feds stupid "GFZ" garbage, they have to go through a BC to be a tearcher or work in the school...what is the problem? The school always has staff in the school when the students are there...even with volunteer cops, they will not be there all the time, and one in a school cannot be everywhere at once...consider VT, and they had their own police force on campus.

Armed teachers is what will work best. But that's exactly the only thing that is never going to be sanctioned in a blue state and many red states, too. Maybe on the most remote school districts, if lucky.

It never was "radical" other than in the anti-gun nuts thinking. Israel did just that many years ago, it pretty much stopped the school shootings and takeovers. Now Israel contends they didn't arm the teachers but depend on Home Guards. So, if a teacher is trained to use a weapon they become Home Guards and not teachers?

Why do we need cops in all the schools? Seriously, there's a serious school shooting-rampage about once every few years in a country with over 100,000 public schools. That's less common than getting hit by lightning on a sunny day fer cryin' out loud!

Why spend gobs of money on a problem that's rare as hen's teeth when we could, for FREE, simply allow the teachers who already carry everyday to carry in school the way they do everywhere else?

This was my problem with LaPierre. As usual, he amplified the INCORRECT idea that only police could handle an active shooter. He then went on to blame...video games? seriously?

Instead of stating facts, like that school shootings (outside of normal average criminal activity) are vanishingly rare, or how an AR-15 is virtually identical in every significant function to a dozen common hunting rifles, or pointing out how any jackass with a revolver and a couple of speed loaders could have done the exact same at sandy hook as the maniac, the NRA just made the point that only police are qualified to defend others. That the average citizen needs specialized training to carry in a school (As though that environment is different from being at the mall, at another workplace, or any of 1000 similar locations where people successfully defend themselves and others every day).

I'm a life member of the NRA and a NRA certified instructor, but man, that organization has it's head so far up it's butt WRT public relations it's pathetic.

The entire discussion on whether or not there can be firearms in the presents of ANY citizen (in order to better-protect them), is absurd! But then again, Reductio ad Absurdum reins in this country.

How many speed-traps are out in front of the schools (while the children are in class) huh?

The facts: Writing speeding tickets MAKES MONEY, protecting citizens (of all sizes) COSTS MONEY.

When are we going to insist on deductive reasoning to solve our problems?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top