JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a die-hard 1911 guy; but if the Glock( S&W M&P, XD or whatever pistol) you use, enjoy and shoot better, that my friend should be your pistol! That just means there is one less person trying to purchase those 1911's so they should easier for me to purchase...right? As much as I would like my wife to like the 1911 platform, she perfers the polymer pistols... so we all can co-exist together, just don't expect to see me with a Glock in my holster!:s0131:

In a lot of ways I like the 1911 better. For the range I definitely prefer it. But not for carry. The simlicity, weight, and capacity of the glock win in that regard.

While a fine tuned 1911 is great for competition a Glock 21 is my go to handgun. My old hands are getting arthritic and the 1911 and Glock 21 are among the few that I can shoot with out pain.

Glocks are perfectly fine guns. If you shoot it well and like it, carry it. No one can argue that they are unreliable or overly complex. Not to mention the cheap price tag let's you dump the rest of your budget into ammo and range fee's.

I generally can't shoot as well with them and they leave blisters on my shooting hand. But I have similar issues with every double stack I've ever shot. I generally stick with 1911's, but I'm not a snob.

I like Glocks, as it turns out I like Springfield XD/XDm's even better. I go back and forth between my XDm 9mm compact (cooler weather) to my Sig P238 (warm weather as a carry pistol- a 1911 style, though not a 1911). I'd carry a Glock if I owned one- I enjoyed my G22 when I had it

I love Gen4 Glocks.
But I don't want someone to like a gun just because I do.
I was people to like their choice of guns because they perform well
for them. While its fun to poke each other about our firearm preferences
I am always happy to see somebody that is pleased with the performance of
whatever gun they choose to carry.

I had it in my head that I wanted the Sig 1911 in a .40 Cal. Problem is, no one has them. I never liked the feel of the Glock in the gun store, then my buddy had me take his 17 to the range. I now have the 22 and will buy the 17 next! The Glocks might not be much to fondle, but they sure do shoot nice.

Jack

Glocks are great really. I'm not a fanboy by any means but they serve their purpose well. Personally I could never justify carrying a 1K+ 1911 around (regardless of how I love em) when a $500 glock will do the job just as well.

With such a wide install base and availability of accessories. A glock becomes a no-brainer for many. If it doesn't feel right or you can't shoot it, that's one thing but discounting any pistol before trying just seems silly.

Have many 1911's. Had many glock's. Thing it they did not fit my hand and did not like the trigger. XD's were much better trigger and grip. My Walther PPQ just melts into my hand perfect.... See the point is I shoot with I am confident with. Still for some reason I think I need a Glock 19 just cant figure out why. Better to have "A" gun than fiddle fart around with what kind,rather than none.

So keep your Glock or not. Very tradeable and sell fast if you decided to switch. Just make sure you have a friggin gun and shoot it.

Hi All,
I myself at first did not want to be a fan of the Glock. I was a Wheel Gun Fan but now that I am working with all kinds of Gun. I too have Glocks, 1911, S & W Auto and Wheel Guns, and many other Auto's and Revolvers. So I think that if you have not tryed shooting the Weapon. You should before Discussing or stating a like or dislike to that Weapon, Try the Weapon out. See what you think , you may be Surprised.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads