JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've finally settled on a carry piece, after trying a few other options.

Compact 1911, LC9, LCP, sp101, 4516. None of them were quite right.

I left Glock last on my list, because I didn't want to like it. But durn it, I do like it. A lot. O_O

Is there something wrong with me? Did someone slip me some kool-aid when I wasn't looking?

My old-fashioned John-Browning, wheel-gun, all-polymer-guns-are-garbage friends are gonna give me heck, but I'm happy. :)

They are first on my list, but glad you came around. Hands down the go to gun! Easy to use, reliable, and plenty of stuff out there for them. I have argued with guys over it but my $500 dollar glock shot better groups (FOR ME) than either of my 12-1500 dollar 1911's! I would rather own three Glocks that function and are reliable than one 1911 that is nice to look at. IMHO.
And here comes the incoming artillery in 5....4....3....2....1....

Is there something wrong with me? Did someone slip me some kool-aid when I wasn't looking?

Yes, there's definitely something wrong with you, but it's not too late! Just leave the Glock on my doorstep in a brown paper bag and I'll dispose of it for you. No one needs to know about it but you and me..........Oh yeah, and all the other forum members here.

Seriously. I tried a Glock several years ago and tried to like it, but I just couldn't shoot the thing worth a darn. Nothing wrong with the pistol. I'm just so used to 1911's and wheel guns that anything else just feels wrong in my hand, but if it works for you, good on ya!

I see nothing wrong with the Glock, I have a couple. I used to hate them. I've "come around", but from an ergonomics standpoint, even though I carry one daily, I still prefer my Smith & Wesson M&P.

No Kool Aid needed...... A Glock is a Glock and a lot of People will trash them their entire life because Glocks dont fit their hand. I chose a Glock because they are simple and reliable. I will probably buy another one and I will buy other brands of pistols as well. Dont let the Glock Haters get you down, There are just as many Pro Glock people out there so you have back up:s0155:

I was a 1911 snob having used them exclusively and still owning 6 even after selling a few. Now use a Glock and looking get a few more! And I don't even think I'm sick. I just like the concept of a simple, reliable pistol that is relatively inexpensive. Before too long, I will probably use Glocks primarily. Strangely, there are Glock snobs even amongst Glocksters. :D

I doubt a single person on here would question my love of good, old fashions, all steel firearms. The shinier the better. But what have I been carrying lately? I alternate between my Glock 33 and my S&W M&P40c. It just depends on the weather and which holster I am wearing.

I doubt a single person on here would question my love of good, old fashions, all steel firearms. The shinier the better. But what have I been carrying lately? I alternate between my Glock 33 and my S&W M&P40c. It just depends on the weather and which holster I am wearing.

How does the weather affect the choice?

We get along just fine at my house.
Dave
P5256570.jpg

I love my Glock 17, but the grips are a bit blocky for me (I have small, thick hands). I picked up a M&P (love the grips, hate the trigger) and a Springfield XD. Shooting the bejesus out of them all, and when a winner emerges, I'll buy a second! All that said, it's my Glock in the bedside gun vault.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top