JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I have been pulling apart some 9mm. Using a collet type puller.
This one was really stubborn, and I still haven't got it out yet.
But when I do get it out, I can still reload with it, right?

thumbnail_20240419_164515.jpg

Assuming you don't damage them, they're good to go. Just make sure to get a good weight and know if they're jacket or plated lead.

Last Edited:
What is the 'gap' between the bullet and the case? - and what is the 'silver' colored thing/coating between the bullet and case?

I have never seen anything like this ever when pulling bullets from cases.

Also, that case looks oddly 'thick' at the mouth with no sign of a crimp.

Last Edited:
Plated bullets don't pull too well with a collet puller, do they?

I've seen similar, because I've done it before. The collet squeezes the soft lead down and breaks through the thin copper plating. I'm pretty sure the OP was joking about reusing it. That's one for the scrap bucket. :)

Remove the die. Raise the ram with cartridge to see if the bullet sticks through the press top far enough to grip with your slip-joint pliers.
1713578410555.png

If it does, hold the pliers vertically and grip the bullet. Lower the ram, leaving the bullet in the pliers.

Bruce

You don't have a hair on your butt if you don't throw that in the campfire and watch it pop
Back when primers were cheap, I'd toss about ten or so in the fire and claim they were 9mm's or something we had been shooting earlier. When they popped off people would freak out, even more so when I kept doing it. Boy oh boy, people would get pissed thinking I was actually putting ammo in the fire. I'd strongly argue that the case travels further than the bullet and it was safe, and then proceed to do some more. I'm of the size that most won't actually want or try to get physical with because it would take multiples of them so they'd get super pissed and walk away to be cold. I was, actually still am, a huge A-Hole.

Another "trick" if you have a batch of hard pulls is to use your seating die to seat the bullet slightly deeper to break the bond.

Bruce

My truck to unloading unsafe reloaded pistol rounds, no matter how overloaded they may be, is to burrow a friends' HiPoint pistol and shoot them. Two fold solution, I don't have to actually own a HiPoint and they obviously cannot be damaged by over pressure rounds. I saw that on the inter webs several times so obviously it is truth, just like the gospel. ;)

Um, wow. How did you do that? are you gonna show a photo of it once you get it all the way out? I have so many questions. . .
My puller has run out of clamping power. I can't get another bite out of it.
These were Xtreme 9mm plated 165's I loaded too hot.
When seating a 9mm 165 grain, the neck tension becomes quite high because the depth of the shank in the case.
On the left, a pulled 165 grain. On the right standard 115 grain.

thumbnail_20240420_010841.jpg

Last Edited:
Back when primers were cheap, I'd toss about ten or so in the fire and claim they were 9mm's or something we had been shooting earlier. When they popped off people would freak out, even more so when I kept doing it. Boy oh boy, people would get pissed thinking I was actually putting ammo in the fire. I'd strongly argue that the case travels further than the bullet and it was safe, and then proceed to do some more. I'm of the size that most won't actually want or try to get physical with because it would take multiples of them so they'd get super pissed and walk away to be cold. I was, actually still am, a huge A-Hole.

Careful there Jolly… while I too enjoy the overall benefit of not being of average gnome stature, I still remember that Sam Colt isn't the only one who made all men equal….. Louisville Slugger was also a contributor.

:s0012:

;):s0140:

It appears that you smished it Cheeky Monkey. Lop it off and load it in your .32. :s0114:

(This is not legal advise and I am not a Lawyer, but I have spent a night in a Holiday Inn Express.)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top