JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I appreciate your (and others) willingness to help but tat sentence makes up my mind. I am going to get something new that will be a bit more modern and relevant. I got this one for next to nothing and was going to give it a shot but I just don't want to keep reviving a dinosaur.

Thanks guys.

That is a wise decision.
Get a PC with at least an Intel Core i3-2100 Processor

I appreciate your (and others) willingness to help but tat sentence makes up my mind. I am going to get something new that will be a bit more modern and relevant. I got this one for next to nothing and was going to give it a shot but I just don't want to keep reviving a dinosaur.

Thanks guys.

Anything you do at this point will be almost pointless. The parts are old, harder and harder to find. Some of these have trouble running newer operating systems. I think XP is about all that computer can handle. Top that with the hard drive that's probably on it's way out already.

Sorry. o_O

Our family has a Dell that we bought 5 years ago.
It always ran like crap, I upgraded ram, kept the operating system fresh etc.

A couple months ago I decided to change out the hard drive. It had the old style, rotating type. Why my brain is drawing a blank I don't know... but anyway. I swapped it out for a Solid State Drive. It made everything we do faster. With 10x faster read and write times it has made me second guess getting a different computer.

Sadly you cannot put a newer hdd into that older machine. The SSD's are the bomb and recommend anyone getting a computer that has one or has the SCSI connection where you can put one in it.

Thanks guys.

Good call.

Your location says this is a bit far, but in Cornelius there is a re-sale shop for used computers. They buy pallets of them from businesses which are upgrading their stock. That could work.

But - $250 you can have a brand spanking new computer, which would be "better" than the one you are asking for help with.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3531-laptop/pd?oc=fncwc3001h&model_id=inspiron-15-3531-laptop

I got nothing for or against Dell. Just saying that you can get an inexpensive computer.
Less if will be satisfied with an Atom processor, or a Chrome Book.

If you can spend a few more $$ upgrade processor to a "core" 3rd generation are the cheapest on sale now - 2 years ago - 5th generation just went on sale.

But the biggest bang for the buck, add memory.

Your location says this is a bit far, but in Cornelius there is a re-sale shop for used computers. They buy pallets of them from businesses which are upgrading their stock. That could work.

But - $250 you can have a brand spanking new computer, which would be "better" than the one you are asking for help with.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3531-laptop/pd?oc=fncwc3001h&model_id=inspiron-15-3531-laptop

I got nothing for or against Dell. Just saying that you can get an inexpensive computer.
Less if will be satisfied with an Atom processor, or a Chrome Book.

If you can spend a few more $$ upgrade processor to a "core" 3rd generation are the cheapest on sale now - 2 years ago - 5th generation just went on sale.

But the biggest bang for the buck, add memory.

I know how I work... I keep suffering with my slow old laptop until I'm utterly at my wits end and go buy some hotrod that's way more than I need.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top