JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have been looking around on the net and have been contacting several Chinese optical factories online for the last few months. I know, before you cats all get in a huff and start posting "Chinese stuff is crap!" and blah blah blah, I have a few points and questions. First of all, a lot of companies do it all the time. They just hide it by putting a sticker with their name on it and package it in a nice box with a POS warrantee sticker on it. I can get the leapers-centerpoint ones that are wal-mart special, even at a low volume cost, for about 50% what they are charging. And that is just the beginning. I really think it could be very good for both sides of the transaction. I could make a little cash, and I could undersell the big box stores considerably saving the buyers money. And really, lets be honest. I have shot eotechs and $50 red dots. When they are on a $700 plinking a couple times a year, they do exactly the same thing. From what I have seen, with a very few exceptions, if you pay less than $250 for any sort of optics they are coming from china you are paying way way too much if you buy retail.I have kinda decided to do it no matter what you folks say (sorry, I be stubborn) so I am half a$$3d working on a web site currently.
So boys (and maybe the two chicks who have ever been on here), what do you think? It will probably be a couple months before I get anything for sale on the site. Know any local products that might like to be sold on such a site? Any horror stories? AM I CRAZY AS MY WIFE WOULD SUGGESTS? be gentle, dont kill my dreams!

If given a choice..."Made in USA" for me.

In regards to your business venture...if YOU HAVE the money to invest in your business AND it pencils out go for it. But I wouldn't go into debt with it, because it is already a crowded market.

You mean like this company? Primary Arms, Red Dot Sights, Holosights, Rifle Scopes, Sights and Accessories. More than 90 brands in stock! Trijicon, EOTECH, Magpul and More! They contract their own optics from chinese manufacturers. In addition to their own line of optics, they are a full line online store.

I know, before you cats all get in a huff and start posting "Chinese stuff is crap!" and blah blah blah, I have a few points and questions. First of all, a lot of companies do it all the time.
Since you asked what I think, I'll tell you. Just because "a lot of companies do it all the time" doesn't make it OK in the minds a lot of people who live here. Justify it anyway you want, and let people vote with their wallets.

Please name me a rifle scope that's fully made in the US including the glass. Careful.

Now tell me how many scope models are fully made in the US not counting the glass.

Tell me about all lesser models of Leupold and Redfield and even Burris Fullfield II being made in the Philippines. Tell me why Leupold, while making their high end scopes in the US still buys glass from Japan. Obviously Nikon is Japanese. Vortex is Philippines.

Please tell me where I can buy a 100% made in the USA scope?

Sparky, I checked out that site you were looking at. I think I may have been confusing in my listing. I am in, by no means, intending on marketing scopes that are illegally marked as popular brands, i.e. if you were to buy a clone of an Eotech, you would know that it is not either at the same price point or cost as the real one. The ones they market as "primary arms" are really just very low end chinese scopes with a 2X markup (from low volume orders, if you would say, order 1000, you can get them even cheaper). So these cats are really cleaning up. If a person was less greedy, and more interested in volume, I bet you could sell 3X as many at much more discounted price. I am not saying that I would sell better ones, I would just like to sell them for 1/2 to 2/3 their asking prices. It is a win win for both of them. As to the other optics they offer, I am pretty sure they use a drop shipper and make almost nothing off of them.
You mean like this company? Primary Arms, Red Dot Sights, Holosights, Rifle Scopes, Sights and Accessories. More than 90 brands in stock! Trijicon, EOTECH, Magpul and More! They contract their own optics from chinese manufacturers. In addition to their own line of optics, they are a full line online store.

Since you asked what I think, I'll tell you. Just because "a lot of companies do it all the time" doesn't make it OK in the minds a lot of people who live here. Justify it anyway you want, and let people vote with their wallets.

And, for the record, I know that these are not high end scopes. But, due to the economic times and all people might not want to put a $500 scope or red dot on a $1800 AR for their first rifle. They might be like I was and putting a $100 scope on a $350 sks. Another question for my friends on here, are there any cheap red dots you might like to see me offer and at what price points? If I get them, I might be able to get you a hell of a deal for any help if this does go live. Just look at that primary arms site and tell let me know what ones you fine fellows would like to see. I think primary arms does well because, according to some of my research, their customer service kicks @55. That, my friends, is my intention...... and to retire young, get a younger wife and faster car, all of which relies on this working. Yep, I put all my eggs in one basket. No pansy stuff here.

and the coup de grace, my fellow gun enthusiasts, is that even if this whole venture eats poop and dies I can deduct all my gun accessories and supplies on taxes. Using guns to pay less taxes!!! God Bless America!

That, my friends, is my intention...... and to retire young, get a younger wife and faster car, all of which relies on this working. Yep, I put all my eggs in one basket. No pansy stuff here.

Just remember. You can't deduct that younger wife or the divorce settlement. :)

Marry someone ugly and rich. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR