JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is the best way?

• Gun Show

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Classifieds

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Online auction

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Say you had 50-70, 100-200 magazines, about 25,000 rounds of ammo and lots of misc firearms related stuff to sell how would you do it? What you get you the most $$$ in your pocket with the least hassle?

Would you do a Gunshow and rent a table or two?

Classifieds like this board where getting the items to the person is easy but price might be down due to less exposure?

Online auctions where the price might be higher but you will have to deal with shipping and FFL's?

Some other way?

If your goal is to maximize profit then I would go with the classified listings. If the goal is to simplify the sales process then I would sell as a lot or series of lots.

What about consignment at a local shop or range?

Good points about listing things differently. Not going to consign since it is a cost that I don't need/want to pay.

If I decide to sale it would not be a fire sale. I dont want to spend years selling it yet dont need it gone in a day. It is not just about maximizing profits it is about effort vs profit to find that happy medium.

What's the overhead on a gun show table? I would say classifieds if you've got time and space to store the stuff, the negatives being exposure as you've stated and shipping. If you need money quick, fire sale at a gun show.

Keep it unless you really need the $$$. That stuff is better than a 401k.

I agree but they also require care. They need cleaned, oiled and maintained. One reason I am considering selling is I have just not had time to do that kind of stuff. Some parts of my life are turning in different directions.

Gun show

One location
No running around
Buyers everywhere,so again ,no running around
No "no shows"
No phone calls

There will always be stupid questions but if you sell that much stuff,you will be inundated by phone calls and emails with stupid questions.
At a show,while someone is asking a stupid question,someone else is buying the product.
I use the classifieds ,but almost always sell my stuff at the shows.

I was seriously thinking show just have no experience doing one.

Still not sure what to do. Still lots of thinking. Just making a plan of what if's.

I was seriously thinking show just have no experience doing one.

Still not sure what to do. Still lots of thinking. Just making a plan of what if's.

Brother just 'seal a meal' them and store them some place.Just because your new girl thinks it's crazy to have all the sht you have,doesn't mean you need to sell the stuff.

Directions change,then you get rid of that girl and start your old life again.
just sayin'

Personally.............been there done that. I would never sell another gun,unless it was to fund another gun,again.
Heck the shotgun I was selling will go to my son. The 357 sp101,will fund another gun.
Just not worth the money,unless it is funding more toys

YMMV

Good news is it has nothing to do with a girl. I learned those lessons long ago and have not made that mistake again. ETA: that didn't sound quite right. Girl life is great but I don't change who I am for them.

This is something I have been thinking on and off about for over a year, not a knee jerk. I am very aware of the downsides that is why so much thought is going into it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top